Sim stuck with Sad moodlet (tried mods, tried cheats it's not leaving)

by Sims4DisneyStuff

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim stuck with Sad moodlet (tried mods, tried cheats it's not leaving)

★★★★ Novice

Hey,

So I've tried googling this problem over and over and even tried reaching out to mod creators who say it's baffled them too. So here I am seeking help. Basically my sim has received the "Bullied" trait from the "Life's Tragedies" mod. It's literally been stuck there all of my Sims spring month and hasn't shifted. I've tried using MC Command Center to remove all buffs and it does that...but this one stays in place. I've tried using the UI cheat to remove it too, doesn't work for this one in particular. I've deleted Cache files, "repaired" the game and even deleted the mod itself and rebooted without the mod installed. Still no luck. I've moved my sim from one lot to another and back again and she still has the bullied moodlet.

I've reached out the creator of the mod and they don't seem to understand what could have happened and have assured me that all the bugs have been fixed. I don't want to start again with this sim because I've played her for 4+ sim years in game and have managed to get quite a lot done with her. So I'm a little disappointed as at this moment I'm trying to get her to do things and she's just too sad to.

Any tips anyone? I've tried everything...

Message 1 of 14 (8,745 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim stuck with Sad moodlet (tried mods, tried cheats it's not leaving)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Fixed my own issue:

Basically I want this on here in case people search and have the same issue:

Remove [Admin - removed] Mod (which causes this issue). Load up the game, SAVE the game (make sure you load into the sim with the stuff buff) and then close out the game, then put EV back in. The buff should remove at that point. If you just remove it and then stick it back in without loading in and saving... then you'll have it all over again

View in thread

Message 7 of 14 (8,597 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Sims4DisneyStuff As it's something that was added by a mod, I don't think anyone here can really help you, especially as mods/cc aren't supported by EA.

Does the creator have some sort of support forum to see if anyone else had similar issues ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (8,699 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Sadly no. I've tried reaching out but had no response properly other than that the situation is knew to him too.

I also need to mention that I believed I had gotten rid of it a while back. My sim went through a break-up and the moodlet disappeared. Once I left the game and returned, it was back.
Message 3 of 14 (8,677 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Sims4DisneyStuff MAybe there's some other stuck trait or a commodity that keeps getting it back but as I don't use the mod, I can't really help

EDIT: Talked to the folks on the MC Command Center Mod and they said that all you can do is kill and resurrect the Sim. If that doesn't help, there's no other options. If you have a save from before the moodlet happened, you can also revert to that. I would recommend to remove the mod altogether if it causes issues like that,

If you have discord, it's worth a shot to join the MC Command Center discord and ask them. They got a lot of knowledge of different mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (8,646 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict thank you for doing research for me, really appreciate it. I will kill her and resurrect her now and get back to you.
Message 5 of 14 (8,614 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Just killed and resurrect the sim. Still got the same moodlet. I honestly don't know what else to do.
Message 6 of 14 (8,608 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Fixed my own issue:

Basically I want this on here in case people search and have the same issue:

Remove [Admin - removed] Mod (which causes this issue). Load up the game, SAVE the game (make sure you load into the sim with the stuff buff) and then close out the game, then put EV back in. The buff should remove at that point. If you just remove it and then stick it back in without loading in and saving... then you'll have it all over again

Message 7 of 14 (8,598 Views)

Hero
@Sims4DisneyStuff Glad you solved it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (8,552 Views)

★★★ Newbie

your an absolute lifesaver! I literally was about to delete my sim cause I couldn’t get rid of that stupid buff so thank you so much

Message 9 of 14 (7,863 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I actually found the fix to removing the moodlet that gets stuck. My sim got kidnapped with the Life Tragedies mod and it bugged out. After a lot of research and a lot of annoyance I figured out that under the Life Tragedies pie menu > options > debug > you can remove or give trait and buffs. I just removed the kidnapped trait and she went back to being normal. Hope this helps.

Message 10 of 14 (6,463 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help