Re: Sim stuck as Skeleton, even though they look normal

by Skyfri_Himmel

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim stuck as Skeleton, even though they look normal

★★★★★ Novice

My sim is apparently stuck as a skeleton, she is unable to change clothes, eat food or drink anything without it pilling on the floor, and she can't perform any romance interactions.

I have tried the removing buffs cheat, I tried turning her into a plant sim, but nothing seems to work. She looks like her normal self but is supposedly a skeleton!

Message 1 of 9 (8,719 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

For the ones who still have this problem. Use cas.fulleditmode to turn your sim into an toddler/child and make them age up back to a ya. You have to do this with a cake, not just in cas. Relationships will remain the same and your sim is back to normal! This worked for me after a lot of struggling. Also, if u have UI cheats extension and you get the skeleton buff, DON’T remove it with UI. This is what created the glitch in my game.

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (6,414 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Open the cheat console then enter testingcheats true (press Enter).

Then use this cheat: sims.remove_buff Buff_Skeleton

Notice that this applies to the active Sim.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 9 (8,701 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Hi,

I tried this and it doesn't work. I might have to remake her and her family...
Message 3 of 9 (8,687 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If you don't mind sharing your savegame with me you can zip it up and upload to a place like Onedrive, Dropbox or Google drive and PM me the link.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 9 (8,678 Views)

★★★ Newbie

have you tried going into cas it worked for me

Message 5 of 9 (8,422 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. 

My sim got the message that he had been turned into a skeleton, and he got the buff. But he looked like himself. But now I can't change clothes on him at all... And I have tried the cheats and nothing works. 

I removed my mods, and it still doesn't work. 

I tried entering cas, without mods, and no, it doesn't work.

So now I have to make a new family Frown

Message 6 of 9 (8,359 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Skyfri_Himmel
If you didn't do it move your mods folder to desktop
Delete your cache files
How to Delete Cache Files
https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
Repair the game on Origin
Origin/Game library /Rigt click on TS4 option "repair game"

Message 7 of 9 (8,353 Views)

★★★ Novice

For the ones who still have this problem. Use cas.fulleditmode to turn your sim into an toddler/child and make them age up back to a ya. You have to do this with a cake, not just in cas. Relationships will remain the same and your sim is back to normal! This worked for me after a lot of struggling. Also, if u have UI cheats extension and you get the skeleton buff, DON’T remove it with UI. This is what created the glitch in my game.

Message 8 of 9 (6,415 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @PienDeRuijgt,

I've marked your workaround as the solution to pin it up top for readers. Standard smile Thanks for sharing it.

I'll lock this thread here as it's a bit of an oldie but if future readers continue to run into this issue after trying the advice in this thread, please pop on over to this open/active thread on this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-JA-Sim-still-considered-Skeleton-after-turning-bac...

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 9 of 9 (6,371 Views)