Re: Sim stands still and pauses for a long time when I command her to do somethi

by iix_Eliyah

Original Post

Sim stands still and pauses for a long time when I command her to do something

★★★★★ Novice

Like if I tell her to brush her teeth after painting she just stands and does nothing. I have to pause and resume to get her to do it. It’s  getting really annoying, It keeps happening even after I get rid of my mods and restart the game. This only happens on one save file though, not all of my saves.

Message 1 of 11 (6,686 Views)

Re: Sim stands still and pauses for a long time when I command her to do somethi

★★ Pro

@iix_Eliyah

This is a common issue. Some have reported it has to do with outdated custom content.

To test this, move your mods folder to the desktop, clear your game cache and delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder to help with troubleshooting.

How to Delete Cache Files
https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Load the game again to test, try a new save without the mods folder. If it loads okay, it may be that some of the mods/cc have become outdated.

Custom content can become outdated with most new game patches. If the game works when the Mods folder is removed, then one or more of the mods and/or custom content has become outdated and will need to be removed or replaced. EA/Maxis aren't responsible for broken mods/cc. It's up to the creators to fix.

Disabling or turning off both mod/cc options isn't enough of a test.

Try the 50/50 method:

1. Move all the mods and cc out into a temporary folder on the desktop.
2. Move a few files back at a time. Load the game to make sure it loads and everything is good.
3. Delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder.
4. Repeat steps 1 - 3 till there is no more files to check.

** While your testing, don't save the game. If you find any problems, delete the mod or custom content file.

How To Find Problem Mods and CC
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS4_Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Message 2 of 11 (6,663 Views)

★ Novice

This happens to me, too, I have tried everything. It only happens with the boy sim. I've had this family for about a month, they have two toddlers, and the parents are adults. Whenever I command the boy sim to do something, he will not move or do anything at all. The action will just be in his queue. This does not happen to any of the girls. I'm not convinced it is my custom content because I was playing the game for two hours straight today with all my custom content and it was all fine. This has never happened before. The error happened when the male sim went to ask the toddler sim to "Clean Self Off'. Please refer to my "Things I have Tried" list to confirm what the issue could be. (P.S: The male sim can complete interactions, just not anything that involves actively doing something that doesn't involve social activity.)

Things I have Tried 

-Repair the game through Origin

-Reset my TS4 Folder

-Various "The Sims" forum solutions

Please help!

Message 3 of 11 (6,651 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@vedettess

Temporarily remove all Mods and CC then test the game without.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 11 (6,638 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, 

I’ve already tried getting rid of all my cc and mods. But the issue still keeps happening. Cleared my cache too. 

Message 5 of 11 (6,631 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I fixed the issue by resetting my sim. Thanks for the response, though!

Message 6 of 11 (6,616 Views)

★ Novice

Try this command using the cheat bar:

resetSim firstname lastname

(Replace "firstname" and "lastname" with the first and last name. Example: My sim was named Jamal Rein, I entered "resetSim Jamal Rein" into the cheat bar and it worked.)

Keep in mind you have to have testingcheats true for this to work.

Hope I helped!

Message 7 of 11 (6,615 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@vedettess

Hi,

Resetting my sim only makes for a temporary solution. It does fix it but it takes longer than just pausing and resuming, and they both don’t prevent it from happening in the future. 

Message 8 of 11 (6,595 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@iix_Eliyah

Since you've tried removing mods, deleting game cache and the localthumbcache.package and going through your mods to make sure they're up to date.

Try a factory reset?

Move or rename your current Sims 4 folder to Sims4Backup. Launch the game and play the game.

If it's not working, don't save. However, if everything is playing okay then start putting the files back. (list of files and folders below).

- Options.ini (User game settings)
- Tray Folder (Sims/Houses/Commercial lots and rooms)
- Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
- Rest of the save games, if any.
(leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave. It is not used anymore.)
- Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, and makeup
- Mods (Put these back one by one to make sure they all still work)

If that doesn't work, there might be something wrong with the save.

To test that, save both the family and their house to the library and try them out in a new save to see if it works better. If it does, then it may be that the save is corrupt.

Message 9 of 11 (6,587 Views)

★ Apprentice
My game has gotten laggy too. I don't know why. I've noticed the lag time between commands. No cc or other stuff.
Message 10 of 11 (6,580 Views)