Sim's UI thumbnail disappear causing the game unable to save.

by ttofffee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim's UI thumbnail disappear causing the game unable to save.

★ Novice

my sim's thumbnail takes long time to load. When it is loaded, there is no problem occurred but when it disappears, it makes the game takes forever to save forcing me to ctrl+alt+delete to force exit the game.

The problem is I cannot go anywhere. The only thing I can do is stay in my home lot to be able to continue playing the game. Whenever I go outside to map view, none of my sims and NPCs does load. Everyone has blank thumbnail and my game will end up forever saving or stuck on loading screen.

I've dealed with this problem for 5 months since February. I have repaired, reinstalled the game, cleaned my mods, cleaned cache files but it didn't help. Even I played the game with no mods and new save, the problem still occurred.

I have no idea right now how to fix this. I want to play the game so bad. I have attached some screenshots to show how the thumbnail is disappeared.

Message 1 of 4 (727 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim's UI thumbnail disappear causing the game unable to save.

Hero
@solarlemonade Have you tested without your mods ?

Use the 50/50 method: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content to find the culprit

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (478 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I also have this issue in my save, no matter what households I'm in. Did anyone find a fix for this or know what mod could cause it?

Message 2 of 4 (507 Views)

Hero
@solarlemonade Have you tested without your mods ?

Use the 50/50 method: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content to find the culprit

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (479 Views)

★ Novice

Hi I'm having this exact issue, did you ever find out what specfic thing/mod was causing it? thanks

Message 4 of 4 (392 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help