Sim not showing in relationship panel, actions cancelling out

by kwohld

Original Post

Sim not showing in relationship panel, actions cancelling out

★★★ Apprentice

On Jan 7th, I had to wipe my hard drive, reinstall Windows 10, and reinstall Origin and my games on the Origin Client. I started a new household in Isla Paradiso (one Sim, and a non-playable roomie, Yesenia Almira). Before I started the game, I deleted the Scott family; deleted all houseboats and replaced with houseboats in the Empty Houses bin; and used the discoveralluncharted islands cheat. If I don't do these things while in Isla Paradiso, the game will be very slow and glitchy. 

I'm trying to have my sim get to know her new roommate, but I noticed that after introducing herself and making a joke, Yesenia is not showing up as an acquaintance in the relationship panel. Also, if I have my sim do one action, and then another, my sim will not do that second action, and it disappears from the top left-hand side of the screen.

Does anyone have any suggestions on things I could try? Thank you.

Message 1 of 7 (690 Views)

Re: Sim not showing in relationship panel, actions cancelling out

@kwohld  Does this happen with all actions, as in, for any two actions you assign your sim, in either order, the second one disappears from the queue?  It kind of sounds like this save is a bit corrupt from the start, to be honest.  If you haven't played it long, the easiest solution might be to start over.  You don't have to remake your sim; the household you created should still be in the in-game bin.

The other question is why this happened.  Do you use mods, and if so, which ones?  It's fine to name (although not link) them unless they contain adult content, in which case just list the creator, and I'll know.  And how did you assign the roommate?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (669 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I decided to delete all my cache files, thumbnails, everything in my Favorites folder etc, I deleted my current game and quit Origin, closed out of it on the Task Bar, then used the Run command and deleted the Origin folders that are safe to delete in %ProgramData%/Electronic Arts/EA Desktop and %AppData%. After restarting Windows, I repaired my games on the Origin Client.

I started a new game, and my sim still can only use one social interaction at a time. If I use chat, tell joke, and tell story, for instance, then tell joke and tell story will disappear, and the sim won't use those interactions. But it works if I use chat, then when they're done talking, I have her tell a joke. She has to be done with the first interaction before any others will work properly. My roommate still isn't showing up in the relationship panel, either. I also noticed that I can't click on certain items, or even on the floor. And I don't have any locked rooms in my house, so that's not the issue. I'm not sure what else to do.

Message 3 of 7 (651 Views)

@kwohld  Please try again, this time in Sunset Valley, for comparison.  And again, please let me know what mods, if any, you use.

Message 4 of 7 (644 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Well I don't think it's the save, because after I started having this issue, I deleted the current world I'm in, then cleared all my junk files in my EA folder, repaired Windows, and tried another game in the same world. Also, before I wiped my HD and had to reinstall everything, I did have Errortrap and Overwatch, but I haven't installed those again. I just made a new world in Appaloosa Plains and had no issue.

Message 5 of 7 (624 Views)

@kwohld  If the new save in Appaloosa Plains doesn't have the same issue, then the problem is either your save or one or more of the sims in it.  You can test a bit more if you want: try the same sim or sims in a different world and save, try different sims in the same save, etc.  But this isn't normal behavior for the game, and there isn't always a good solution.

What you could try, if you really want to recover the save, is reinstalling ErrorTrap and Overwatch, plus NRaas MasterController, then doing an MC reset of the entire world, including the home lot and your sims.  I don't know whether it'll help, but it's easy enough to try.

Message 6 of 7 (619 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm not worried about the game save (had only been playing for an hour before those problems started happening). I have used Errortrap and Overwatch before, and I remember it made a HUGE difference in my game, as far as lag and glitches go. So I am going to download those, as well as MasterController. Thanks so much for your help!

Message 7 of 7 (596 Views)