Re: Sim not doing commands

by crinrict

Original Post

Sim not doing commands

★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game, Spa day, Get Together
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have the sims needs low, and try the interaction I guess.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim kept falling asleep on the ground, even though told to go sleep in the bed. When the sim did get into bed (and the sleep interaction was cued) the sim would sleep for a second and get right back up (not fulfilling the sleep need). This happened repeatedly, and the sim also did this with the interaction to crafty on the woodworking table (just standing there doing nothing). The only way that I was able to reset this was to completely shut down the game and restart- but then the bug would happen over a period of time again.
What do you expect to see? The sim not freeze, and needs be fulfilled.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was playing a completely vanilla (new game, no mods or cc) game and my sim wouldn't go to sleep (with needs at critical). The sim kept falling asleep on the ground, even though told to go sleep in the bed. When the sim did get into bed (and the sleep interaction was cued) the sim would sleep for a second and get right back up (not fulfilling the sleep need). This happened repeatedly, and the sim also did this with the interaction to crafty on the woodworking table (just standing there doing nothing). The only way that I was able to reset this was to completely shut down the game and restart- but then the bug would happen over a period of time again.

And, yes, I always delete my localthumbcache package before every game (or restart).

Message 1 of 14 (735 Views)

Hero

Hi @InfiniteVerve 

moving this to tech for troubleshooting

• Did you also try renaming the user folder ?
  • Did you repair your game as well ?
  • Does it happen in any house or only in a specific one ?
  • Are all Sims affected or just the one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (714 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@crinrict I did a repair game, I started a brand new game, and the lot is in Windenburg (The Summer Home lot). I have played some today and am not getting the same error, but I am going to play some more and see how it goes. It needed a restart (twice) for some reason. *Edited to add: There is only one sim in the household that I am playing.

Message 3 of 14 (708 Views)

Hero
There have been several people having issue with sleeping due to unknown causes but it seems totally random.

Maybe it's something about the house that blocks them so if it comes back, try a different lot to see if you have the same issue there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (700 Views)

★ Expert

@crinrict I was trying different lots, and trying to get the sim to sleep on park benches (which didn't work either- it was the same issue with the sim getting up immediately). I am still going through some gameplay to try and sort it out.

Message 5 of 14 (693 Views)

Hero
Does the Sim have earbuds in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (691 Views)

★ Expert

@crinrict No, the sim has no earbuds. The situation was that the sim was gathering fossils and harvesting (to make money). The lot was not fully built (rags to riches), and so the sim had just a bed (once the sim got enough money for one). The sim had been using the bed just fine, but then it started glitching. I reloaded twice and that seemed (the last time) to fix it... though I have a full house built now, and can't check the exhaustion (because the sim has the whims bonus for helping with energy). 

Message 7 of 14 (671 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Since it seems to randomly occur and seems to go away on reloading, it's probably hard to test your save.

You said you also had issues with the woodworking table. Are those the only interactions ? Sleeping and woodworking ? Or others as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (656 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

I am still having issues with the dancefloor lagging really bad,and sims not doing cued up interactions (after having done the group dance).(*edited to explain how I fixed it).. The only way that I could get the sim to do anything else (after being on the dancefloor) was to have my sim travel, other interactions would not load.

Message 9 of 14 (643 Views)

Hero

Did you ever post your specs in any thread ?

If not, Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (623 Views)