Sim looks naked in Gameplay

by JayCarmen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim looks naked in Gameplay

★★★ Novice

Okay I just played Sims 4 yesterday, I'm not sure whats happening. I made a new sim just cause I felt like it. I dressed her up how I wanted with the same CC I've been using forever. When I went to save the household, her picture was like she was naked. And not the pixelated Sims version of naked. SHE WAS NAKED. Like her skin color covered her clothes and her bottoms were nonexistent. I thought maybe it's just the picture so i placed her in game. It was still like that. In CAS, she is fine. Wearing clothes and the colors are there. In game she is covered fully by her skin color. I have never had this problem before. Like EVER. I had made a different Sim yesterday and she was fine. The picture was fine and everything. I did not do much different with this sim and i didn't download any new CC from yesterday to today. PLEASE HELP

Message 1 of 4 (9,352 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim looks naked in Gameplay

Hero (Retired)
@JayCarmen

Looks like one of your CC suddenly stopped being compatible with the game.
After each update, most scripts mods and a large part of CC will no longer be compatible with the game. The more old CC and mods are the greater the risk is that it will be spoiled after a patch and even it will break the game. Checking which has broken down and searching for new updated versions is the price that each player pays for using mods and CC.
Move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game - important!
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if a game is working now without mods and CC.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version

If it will not work then try doing a factory reset as described in this post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (9,321 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

This is how my sim looks in CAS

Message 2 of 4 (9,339 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@JayCarmen

Looks like one of your CC suddenly stopped being compatible with the game.
After each update, most scripts mods and a large part of CC will no longer be compatible with the game. The more old CC and mods are the greater the risk is that it will be spoiled after a patch and even it will break the game. Checking which has broken down and searching for new updated versions is the price that each player pays for using mods and CC.
Move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game - important!
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if a game is working now without mods and CC.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version

If it will not work then try doing a factory reset as described in this post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

I don't work for EA
Message 3 of 4 (9,322 Views)

★★★ Novice

OMG YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER! I WAS GONNA SCREAM. I had to go thru everything but its worth it to get my game working again. Thank you soooo much

Message 4 of 4 (9,303 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help