Sim keeps getting out of bath to read book

by IrisuChan

Original Post

Sim keeps getting out of bath to read book

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hello, I found something that looks like a possible bug. I have a tier1 micro house (self built, no mod, no cc) with a bath tub. Every time the sim takes a bath, she stays in for only a bit and then leaves the bath. The first thing she does is go to the bookcase in the living room to pick up a book to read. She is in a great mood, not lacking "fun" or anything, but won't stay in the bath until fully clean. I can ask her to take a bath again and she will, but again just as short. If she takes a bath from her own will, it appears as if she stays in the bath until the hygiene meter is full. As a test I removed the bookcase from the living room and put her back in the bath. She got out and now found a stack of books in the bedroom, and again picked up a book to read. When replacing the bath tub with another kind of tub, the same thing happened. When replacing the bath with a shower, the sim didn't get out to go read a book. When removing all bookcases from the house and any books from inventory, sim does take a proper bath until fully clean.

The sim has the following traits: creative, neat, loves outdoors, muser (bestselling author aspiration). The lot is in Windenburg. To be honest, I noticed many bugs or strange things since I got a bundle recently which had Get Together+Outdoor Retreat+Fitness Stuff.

Thanks for any input Standard smile

Message 1 of 10 (875 Views)

Re: Sim keeps getting out of bath to read book

Hero
@IrisuChan Could be this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Excessive-book-reading/m-p/9231269

Do you have the Eco Pack ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (808 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict  I don't have ECO pack. I have:

Expansion packs: discover university, seasons, cats&dogs, get together

Game packs: dine out, outdoor retreat

Stuff: tiny living, fitness, bowling night, romantic garden

Free: holiday celebration

Message 3 of 10 (777 Views)

Hero
@IrisuChan Is it isolated to that Sim or do other Sims do the same ?

If it's just her, could you upload her to the gallery so I can test ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (762 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrict I'm not sure if it's her, or the fact that it's a micro house or the fact it's in Windenburg. Since I got my recent packs (incl get together) I experienced a lot of little weird bugs. The lot itself is already on the gallery ("mid nowhere")

Update: I placed the lot in another neighborhood (Newcrest) with a different sim, and the same issue happens. I think it's about the lot/house.

Message 5 of 10 (726 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@IrisuChan OK. I'll test the house later

EDIT: Need to postpone, gallery not working for me currently

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (715 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict  not sure if you ever got around to testing it, but I found a similar bug which may well be related. In another neighborhood, another household and not tiny residential, I have a writer who keeps getting up to read a book while writing on the computer. The animation (the little clock on the left bottom) will show the action is about halfway done when the sim gets up to find the nearest bookcase to read a book....

Message 7 of 10 (642 Views)

Hero
@IrisuChan I don't think I did, actually. So many things happening the past moth. Sorry about that.

Would you mind sending me your save instead ? Might be easier to test that way. Instructions in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (618 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict Hello! I've sent you the link in PM just now, sorry for the late response. It's been crazy here too. :c
Message 9 of 10 (584 Views)

Hero
@IrisuChan can def duplicate this on your save. Also added another Sim to your household and he did the same. They both didn't do it in another house so no idea why they are obsessed

I'll forward your save. It's unrelated to NAP so if you want to make a new bug report on this, I can merge this thread afterwards (just needs a filled out report)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (564 Views)