Sim in household is not playable

by LycheeJuus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim in household is not playable

★★★ Newbie

Hello! So, yesterday I came to discover a big problem when trying to play with my new sim household in a new save. I created a household with two sims like normal, Erin and Tristan, moved them in and everything seemed fine. But then, I loaded into the game to play the household and suddenly, Tristan seemed like he wasn't in the household. He spawned normally, but I could not see his icon in the bottom left corner. I could only play with Erin. I thought that I could maybe fix it with a cheat, but I couldn't. I used testingcheats on and tried to shift click to add Tristan to the household but the option was not there.

I searched for answers online and already tried the following:

1. Delete save file and create a new one.

2. Delete all mods and custom content

3. Repair game

4. Uninstall the game and install it again

I tried to load into the household after reinstalling, the only thing I recovered back into the game were my save files so I could play the household. I currently have no mods or cc in the game, so those can't be the problem anymore. I don't really know what to do. The problem persists and I still can't play as my other sim.

I hope to find a solution here. Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 8 (4,314 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim in household is not playable

★★★ Newbie

Well, I resolved the issue by replacing Tristan with a whole new sim. I guess the sim itself was corrupted, because only Tristan causes problems. Thank you for offering help though @jpkarlsen !

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (4,260 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@LycheeJuus 

If you load the household in CAS (click mirror or dresser) is your SIM then there or missing completely?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (4,292 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just tried it, he was not there. And in fact, once I returned from CAS back to live mode, the sim disappeared completely, I can't even see him in my other sims relationships anymore, even though he should be there

Message 3 of 8 (4,286 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LycheeJuus 

Unfortunately your savegame became corrupted. Start a new game and make sure all your Mods and CC are updated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 8 (4,274 Views)

★★★ Newbie

As I expected since I tried that once already, it did not help. I made everything again, placed the household in the world and the problem still persists. For some reason the game acts as if my sim just doesn't exist.

Message 5 of 8 (4,272 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well, I resolved the issue by replacing Tristan with a whole new sim. I guess the sim itself was corrupted, because only Tristan causes problems. Thank you for offering help though @jpkarlsen !

Message 6 of 8 (4,261 Views)

★★ Novice

I just had this happen, but went to "change sim," changed his pajamas, and he's back to normal. Can't explain it, but I'll take it. Standard smile

Message 7 of 8 (2,854 Views)

EA DICE Team
This is on the older side of time, I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with The Sims 4, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 8 of 8 (2,829 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help