Re: Sim immediately cancelled Programming Actions

by HoofeeDog

Original Post

Sim immediately cancelled Programming Actions

★★★ Newbie
I have Free Will disabled for my sims. Trying to skill up (at the computer) my programming skill, around halfway through level 4, the sim would just keep cancelling the action and never finish. Didn't matter which programming action I picked; it'd cancel out after a 5-10 seconds. I spammed this until she reached level 5, and now she immediately cancels the programming action.

I've repaired the game, rebuilt the EA folder in Documents, sold and replaced the chair, computer, and desk. I've also tried going to another house and computer, but it doesn't work there either. I've tried travelling, restarting the game, and rebooting my computer. Seems like other people ran into this before, but not often? I've even tried resetSim. I gave up on programming, and tried to level up writing, but ran into the same exact issue, and just to say it - I have got another skill up to 10.

Any thoughts on what to try?
Message 1 of 10 (3,873 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @BecauseRobots 

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (3,843 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi,

I'm having this same problem.  Programming stopped leveling during level 4 at about 45%.  Nothing in the Tech Guru's "Program" options are working, they either do nothing when selected or just disappear immediately from the task list queue (e.g say you're eating and then select a programming task, sometimes it will show as queued in the task list.but when it comes to performing the task it immediately disappears.

I've tried:

1. Going to a different lot.

2. Backing up / deleting my sims 4 folder and copying back the saves, Mods, Tray, Custom Music directories. (this was a suggestion elsewhere).

3. Quitting my job and then finding a new one (both still Tech Guru).

4. Changing the chair.

5. Trying one of those cheat codes to increase the level to 10.

I haven't progressed overly far in my Sim world so don't expect anything magical, I"m new to the game, but the saves directory for mine can be downloaded from here if you wish to take a look (The character "Dave" is the one with the problem):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j5F7fG3wLiFWhqonP8dHNjabEOf9Yw9_/view?usp=sharing

I should note that I don't have any mods or anything, other than simsync.  But it happens standalone too without simsync.

Cheers.

Message 3 of 10 (3,812 Views)

Hero
@HoofeeDog I'm currently unable to test anything.

Will get back to you next week

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (3,804 Views)

★ Novice

No problem, Crin.  Thanks for offering to take a look at it.

Cheers,

Hoof.

Message 5 of 10 (3,770 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@HoofeeDogIs your sim away from the computer when you select it? Try clicking on the computer chair first and tell them to SIT before trying the computer action.

I've seen that before quite a few times. I haven't been able to figure out what causes it. But sometimes the computer will get glitched. When a sim is not sitting AT the computer, and I tell them to do something on the computer, it will immediately cancel the action every time. If I tell the sim to SIT at the chair first, then tell them to use the computer, it always works.

I'm positive it's not the computer, desk, chair, or anything around it. The computer just glitches out occasionally. I've seen the problem with ALL computers, chairs, and desks. Base game AND cc. And it doesn't happen every time. But when it starts, I was never able to fix it. I just have to tell them to SIT first.

Message 6 of 10 (3,762 Views)

★ Novice

Hi all,

Psychotps, thanks for you suggestion.  Sitting first before issuing a programming command worked a treat!

I really appreciate both of you guys helping out, my son and I can now get back to gaming.

Cheers,

Hoof.

Message 7 of 10 (3,727 Views)

Hero
@HoofeeDog I tested your save anyways and while Dave was very easily distracted and didn't want to keep programming, I had no problems sending him to the computer from anywhere.

I'm glad you fixed it though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (3,690 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Psychotps This is happening to me now except having them sit first didn't fix the issue Frown
Message 9 of 10 (2,975 Views)

★ Novice
@madalaineporter I'm having the same issue. My sim will start the task then autocancel it themselves. Did you find a solution?
Message 10 of 10 (2,920 Views)