by hellyeahhamster

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim glitches and moods stop

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, get together, get to work, dine out, outdoor retreat, romantic garden stuff, movie hangout stuff, spooky stuff, cool kitchen stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I try to do certain options in the game, go shower, go to bed, just any action will do.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will stand still, the option (let's say go to bed) stays in the action bar, but won't go away. When I cancel the action, it still stays there. This will go on for several hours. In some forms the moods of the sim won't go down, so they will be very tired, but the mood is still green, of they will all appear red, but I still can't move my sims or let them do anything else.
What do you expect to see? The actions should be performed, and the sim shouldn't stand bugging for hours.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch after january 11. (I haven't played until 20th. Before the 11th it has never happened ‌

Message 1 of 4 (213 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim glitches and moods stop

Hero

Did you try repairing your game yet to see if it gets better after that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (248 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Did you try repairing your game yet to see if it gets better after that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (249 Views)

★★ Novice

I have done that! That issue seems to be resolved, although I am dealing with other minor glitches, like the skill bar above a sim's head which keeps hanging although I am done with the action. When I fully quit the game and restart it, the game sort of resets and my sims is in another place in my house and the glitch is gone, not quite sure wether I should reinstall my game.

Reparing fixed the other glitch tho! Thanks for that!

Message 3 of 4 (189 Views)

Hero

Hi @hellyeahhamster

I moved this to the tech forum.

If you have further issues, I would suggest posting in this forum with your specs for further help.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (178 Views)