Re: Sim freezes when doing an action

by Elvolith1

Original Post

Sim freezes when doing an action

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, StrangerVille, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdorr Retreat,Laundry Day Stuff & Holiday Celebration Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unknown. Usually occurs after a couple of minutes (real time) of playing. Started when the game got patched a couple of weeks ago...
What happens when the bug occurs? Say for instance that my sim is trying to eat a grilled cheese sandwich. He then walks up to the servingplate and just stands there. .
What do you expect to see? All i want is for my sims to play normally.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Game got updated a couple of weeks ago, then it occured.

If I pull up the menu and then go back to the game, the sim does one action and then freezes again. I have to repeatedly spam my escape key to paly the game. Have tried taking away all my mods but it still bugs out.

Message 1 of 11 (1,379 Views)

Hero
@Elvolith1 Did you also delete your localthumbcache file after removing your mods ?

Does just that one Sim not do anything or all Sims freeze ? if it's a general game freeze, Which other interactions in detail are causing issues for you ?

Please also try a new save that has never seen any mods if the same occurs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,358 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict I didn't delete that no...

All my Sims freezes, i can however click around the tabs so the game itself is not frozen. 

In-game time goes on a couple of hours and then stops counting. 

Message 3 of 11 (1,354 Views)

Hero
@Elvolith1 Could you try deleting that and try again.

What other interactions do you have issues with ? Just eating ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (1,345 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict Tried it but still bugs out..

It's every interaction. Eating, going to work/school, walking, using the shower. Anytime really.

Message 5 of 11 (1,339 Views)

Hero
@Elvolith1 Could you do a small video and upload ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (1,336 Views)

Message 7 of 11 (1,329 Views)

Hero
@Elvolith1 Unfortunately I can't watch it. Did you make it private ? Just put it as unlisted.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (1,290 Views)

Hero
@Elvolith1 Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (1,260 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can you give a link to how this was resolved? I'm having the same issue

Message 10 of 11 (171 Views)