by SirisGen

Original Post

Sim doesn't stop gaining skill after stop doing the interaction

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but: First pet stuff, Bowling Night stuff, Kids Room stuff, Cool Kitchen stuff, Perfect Patio stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My sims was in another lot playing violin for tips/fame. Switched to my other sim in the home lot and then brought the sim back to the home lot when she was still playing violin.
What happens when the bug occurs? Skill continues to passively level up until the game is restarted.
What do you expect to see? The skill to not increase without playing the violin instead of while doing things like sleeping.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims traits if of any use; Muser, glutton , good, creatively & physically gifted. She was inspired and playing concerto when I brought her back to the home lot.

Message 1 of 8 (539 Views)

Re: Sim gaining skill passivly

Hero
Did it actually level up or did the bar just not go away ?

Have you tried this without any mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (522 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

The skill leveled up a couple times, I would slowly go up until it reached the next level and when I started the game again she still had the boosted violin skill. I also didn't have the skill bar over her and would only be able to look at it slowly going up in her skills panel. I haven't had the chance to test it again but I don't think any of my current mods effect gameplay (just CC like hairs and new windows).

Message 3 of 8 (509 Views)

Hero

Hi @SirisGen

I tested this in my game and was not able to replicate this. 

Was this a one time thing for you or can you replicate it when you do the same ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (483 Views)

★★ Novice

No I haven't been able to get it to do it again. I think it might just be a delay in it telling me she's leveled the skill since I switched to another sim at another lot for a bit and just showed it in a weird way over the next couple days.

Message 5 of 8 (467 Views)

Hero
Do you have other lags ? Could be that there was an delay.

Let me know if it happens again. Maybe someone else also has this issue and can chime in

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (465 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info. Can always move this back if it's happening to many people or reproducibly 

@SirisGen

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (445 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@SirisGen
When the interaction ends, the sim stops gaining skill. You can check it in the list of this sim skills. This skill stops being highlighted.Often, however, a marker remains above his head and it looks like he is still learning. It will disappear if you reset the sim. It can also disappear if the sim takes a shower or changes clothes. It disappears immediately if sim begins to learn another skill. This phenomenon occurs in my game only when learning logic while playing chess, and when learning to play the instrument. This is of course something like a bug but completely harmless but I believe that it can be annoying
I don't work for EA

Message 8 of 8 (440 Views)