Sim doesn't change cloth on its own anymore

by Murlunii

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim doesn't change cloth on its own anymore

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have this problem with 1 specific sim. I added him to my existing household of just 1 girl and noticed that he doesn't change his clothes at all (I noticed it before I played with him, so when he was an NPC, when he slept over). Not when he's going to bed, not when he leaves the house, not when he's showering (there is also no blur when he showers, maybe because he's still in his clothes).. He just doesn't change clothes x). I haven't seen him leave the house for work, so I don't know if he changes then. The girl in this household changes clothes normally and I think this is the only sim I've ever had this with.

Also (I know this is not the right place, but since there is already something wrong with this household, I thought this might be related), when the 2 sims in this household go to sleep, the time doesn't go super fast. It just stays at speed 1. And manually setting the time to speed 3 won't make the time go super fast..

If you need extra information or saves, let me know

Message 1 of 8 (530 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim doesn't change cloth on its own anymore

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Murlunii 

OK. I believe it's this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Can-t-change-to-nude-outfit/m-p/6969901

I checked on what @simvasion said in post #24 and your Sim had in fact the detective career criminal trait. Removing the trait makes it working again

To remove open cheat bar and type

testingcheats true
traits.remove_trait DetectiveCareer_Criminal

The Sim will also not age. Removing that trait will also solve that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (431 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @Murlunii 

I'm moving this to tech as it sounds different then the bug you posted in since it all outfits and not in specific situations.

Have you done all the troubleshooting ? Move Sim out and back in ? Repaired the game ?

Are you using any mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (523 Views)

★ Apprentice
I only had 1 mod (a no-blur mod), but I removed it since I noticed this bug. I haven't repaired the game but I have moved him out and in in several ways.. I deleted him (after I saved him in my gallery/library) and added him to the household again, I just moved him out and in, and I moved him to another house and then back. I eventually created a new household and replaced the random sim with the sim in question (from my library). It all didn't work and I got annoyed x)...

So then I created a new household and recreated the sim in question. I don't have the clothes problem with this sim but I do have to start over again (relationships, job, goal, skills). I guess it kinda works this way.
Message 3 of 8 (479 Views)

Hero

Do you still have the bugged Sim ? Could you upload them to the gallery (or give me the name if he's still there) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (468 Views)

★ Apprentice
Yep, done. My username is the same as here (Murlunii) and the household is called Brown (the sim is Michael Brown). I must say it was originally an NPC but (with "cas.fulleditmode" and shift-clicking him to edit in CAS) I made him look better and I changed his name. Don't know if that matters a whole lot.
Message 5 of 8 (457 Views)

Hero
I'll check it tomorrow.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (447 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Murlunii 

OK. I believe it's this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Can-t-change-to-nude-outfit/m-p/6969901

I checked on what @simvasion said in post #24 and your Sim had in fact the detective career criminal trait. Removing the trait makes it working again

To remove open cheat bar and type

testingcheats true
traits.remove_trait DetectiveCareer_Criminal

The Sim will also not age. Removing that trait will also solve that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (432 Views)

★ Apprentice
Wow thanks!
Message 8 of 8 (413 Views)