Re: Sim dissappearing in secret lab (strangerville)

by crinrict

Original Post

Sim dissappearing in secret lab (strangerville)

★★★ Newbie

So my sim is doing the Strangerville location aspiration and has gotten to the point where he has collected the spores, talked to the people around town, and returned to the lab to use the chemical analyzer. The problem is whenever he goes to the basement and leaves the first room where the stairs are, he disappears. I know he is there because I can click to center on him and it moves to where I told him to go. Also, all the rooms in the lab are empty. There is no equipment anywhere in the basement. I have tried removing all mods and it makes no difference.

Message 1 of 11 (1,636 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@LIlacfairy414

Go to the City map. On the right top find Family Management Panel.
Move your sim to another lot using this panel.
Then check if he appeared there.
If yes move him back to his house.
If you will not find him in Family Management Panel it means he met Mother Plant and he was killed

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 11 (1,626 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The sim is actually still there. I can click the button to center on him and it goes to where he is supposed to be or I can also have him walk back out of the basement and he reappears. The problem seems to be that nothing shows up in the basement, no sims or equipment.

Message 3 of 11 (1,609 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@LIlacfairy414

Have you moved him to another lot as I asked? And if not - why did not you do it?
Message 4 of 11 (1,607 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I tried that and it didn't work. I also tried using another sim and the same issue occurred.

Message 5 of 11 (1,603 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@LIlacfairy414

Did not you find him in the Family Management panel? Did he not appear in this family after moving him to this family?
Message 6 of 11 (1,596 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried that but it didn't work. Here's a better way to describe my issue. He becomes invisible once he goes into any room in the basement other than the one with the stairs. He is still there, but I can't see him. I can tell him to walk back to the stair room and he reappears. It's not just the sim though, there is nothing in the basement except for empty rooms. The first screenshot I centered on him after he walked into a basement room and the second screenshot just shows how the basement is empty.

Message 7 of 11 (1,567 Views)

Hero
@LIlacfairy414 Do you just have issue in the secret lab or in any basement ?

Could you post a picutre of your ingame graphics settings ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (1,544 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

How did the sim enter the basement?  A few months ago I did an experiment with a vampire sim using the bat ability to go into the basement even though the key card door was still locked.  The idea was to get as much of the analysis and vaccine making done as possible before unleashing the spores.  Sim made in just fine, but once out of the hallway the situation was as described in the problem.  Evidently, the downstairs rooms are unlocked for viewing and activity only by that door being unlocked by the keycard.

Message 9 of 11 (1,468 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. its been this way for a while now and even in a new save and new game after going through my mods. When i enter the secret lab (even the top floor) the sim nor any furniture show up (ie the files and desks etc). 

Message 10 of 11 (1,339 Views)