Re: Sim disappeared

by escapedpolarbear

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim disappeared

★★★★★ Apprentice

On TS3 I was playing my active household and spotted the Sunset Valley burglar Robbie Bland wandering around in town. As he is an NPC he often disappears once at a location. I got one of my active sims (who is a fairy) to 'playful pester' with him. She got in a car to find him when Robbie disappeared at a house. My sim then also disappeared and is not in my active household anymore. Does anyone know how to get her back?

Message 1 of 3 (459 Views)

Accepted Solution

@escapedpolarbear  There may be ways to get your fairy back into your active household, for example evicting the entire household and moving them back in.  (No guarantee this would work.)  However, from what you described, it sounds like something went very wrong with that scenario.  There's a fairly high chance your save is corrupt now, or at least the sim is corrupt.

In your position, instead of trying to play forward, I'd just either quit without saving or revert to a previous save.  I think I mentioned it before, but even if you don't use "save as" periodically to rename your saves and create backups, the game will retain the files from the second to last time you saved.  Go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves, and you'll see a folder for your save, plus an additional backup (e.g. SunsetValley.sims3 and SunsetValley.sims3.backup).  Delete the .backup extension and rename the save (maybe SunsetValley1.sims3), and it will be available to load from the Main Menu.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (422 Views)

All Replies

@escapedpolarbear  There may be ways to get your fairy back into your active household, for example evicting the entire household and moving them back in.  (No guarantee this would work.)  However, from what you described, it sounds like something went very wrong with that scenario.  There's a fairly high chance your save is corrupt now, or at least the sim is corrupt.

In your position, instead of trying to play forward, I'd just either quit without saving or revert to a previous save.  I think I mentioned it before, but even if you don't use "save as" periodically to rename your saves and create backups, the game will retain the files from the second to last time you saved.  Go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves, and you'll see a folder for your save, plus an additional backup (e.g. SunsetValley.sims3 and SunsetValley.sims3.backup).  Delete the .backup extension and rename the save (maybe SunsetValley1.sims3), and it will be available to load from the Main Menu.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (423 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you. I decided it was safest to just quit without saving. This world gives me a lot of issues! Standard smile
Message 3 of 3 (413 Views)