Original Post

Highlighted

Sim can't use bar

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When selecting 'tend bar'/'practice making drinks' on any bar, at home or at the nightclub.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim refuses to carry out the selected action, saying the path to the bar is blocked when it is not.
What do you expect to see? The sim should be able to carry out the selected task on the bar.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When selecting 'tend bar'/'practice making drinks' on any bar, at home or at the nightclub.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim refuses to carry out the selected action, saying the path to the bar is blocked when it is not.
What do you expect to see? The sim should be able to carry out the selected task on the bar.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

One of my sims is in the culinary career and I can't get him to be promoted because he needs to upgrade his mixology level. So, I bought a bar for the house so he could do that but whenever any sim tries to use the bar the "can't walk there" bubble appears above their head and the action gets cancelled. I've tried this with multiple bars and in different rooms of the house to see if maybe something was blocking them, even though I couldn't see anything, and it still wouldn't work. 

Message 1 of 4 (1,317 Views)

Re: Sims 4 bar glitch

Hero

Hi @sunnyliaa

I can't duplicate this issue, works fine for me.

Could you try a different Sim/House for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,285 Views)

Hero

Tagging @sunnyliaa for further feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (1,251 Views)

Hero

Moving to tech for further troubleshooting

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (1,224 Views)