Sim can’t use Invention Constructor

by 966644

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim can’t use Invention Constructor

★★★★ Novice

My sim just started the scientist career but I can’t progress because she can’t use the Invention Contructor. She always says there’s something in the way but there isn’t. I’ve had this issue in the past with beds and the only way I could resolve it was to delete the bed and buy a new one, but it’s not working this time. I’ve literally tried everything to fix it and it’s super frustrating. I’ve tried deleting it and repurchasing, moving it somewhere else on the lot, buying 5 of them to see if one will work, repairing the game on Origin, creating a new Sims 4 folder, taking sim home and going back the next day e.c.t Nothing will work, I don’t know what to do. The only thing she can do with it is talk to the robot, otherwise she says something is in the way

Message 1 of 18 (10,166 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim can’t use Invention Constructor

★★★★ Expert

@966644 

Thank you for the info.

The reason I asked about moving your save to the new folder, is that I wanted to know if you tried in a new folder - on a new save, with a new sim - before you moved your old files over to the new folder. The point of making a new folder is to try first with nothing from your old folder in it. If it works then, there is likely something in your old folder creating the issue, like your save, any mods, or any other files in it.

I could not replicate the issue, and I think @jpkarlsen is right; your sim needs to know how to invent something before it actually can be done. Open the Notebook and look under Inventions for them. Keep doing things to have eureka moments until you have unlocked an invention. If you still can't invent something after your Notebook says you can, post again. If you want, you can then upload your save and I'll try with that instead.

View in thread

Message 12 of 18 (13,085 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert

@966644   Have you edited the Science Lab with the cheat bb.enablefreebuild? Is there an already begun invention in the Invention Constructor, blocking access? When you created a new The Sims 4 folder, did you move your save over to it?

If I am to try to recreate this, what level of the career is your sim at?

Message 2 of 18 (10,115 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey Standard smile There is no invention in the constructor and it also doesn’t work if I buy new ones and place them anywhere on the lot, my sim is at level 2 of the science career and it tells me to brainstorm and invent but she says something is in the way no matter where I place it on the lot, but she can talk to the robot without issue. I’ve tried free build cheat and yes I moved my saved back into the new sims 4 folder.

Message 3 of 18 (10,100 Views)

Champion
@966644 Your sim needs to have at least a level 4 in the science career to be able to use the invention constructor. Cheat the level up or just play some more.
Have fun playing.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 4 of 18 (10,061 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Really that’s so weird , it tells me to use it everyday at work as part of her daily tasks

Message 5 of 18 (10,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@966644 

Are you sure it is not asking to chat with it as opposed to invent?

PS. you can only invent something if you have had an Eureka moment. You can see in your notebook what you can invent.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 18 (10,035 Views)

★★★★ Novice

She’s had 4 eureka moments. Everyday it asks her to brainstorm and invent on the invention constructor but she just waves her arms around with the crossed out footprints bubble

Message 7 of 18 (10,025 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@966644 

And the Notebook says that she can invent something? 

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 18 (9,998 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Her notebook only has an angry potion and hunger synthesiser. I’ve tried taking all my mods out and creating a new sims 4 folder, repairing game on origin e.c.t 

Message 9 of 18 (9,961 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@966644 

OK. You can not yet invent anything but make two potions. Keep doing things that increase the Eureka meter until you can invent something.

Message 10 of 18 (9,935 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help