Re: Sim can’t use Invention Constructor

by 966644

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

She just reached level 4 of Science career and has had 6 eurekas. Still says something is blocking her path

Message 11 of 18 (3,031 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@966644 

Thank you for the info.

The reason I asked about moving your save to the new folder, is that I wanted to know if you tried in a new folder - on a new save, with a new sim - before you moved your old files over to the new folder. The point of making a new folder is to try first with nothing from your old folder in it. If it works then, there is likely something in your old folder creating the issue, like your save, any mods, or any other files in it.

I could not replicate the issue, and I think @jpkarlsen is right; your sim needs to know how to invent something before it actually can be done. Open the Notebook and look under Inventions for them. Keep doing things to have eureka moments until you have unlocked an invention. If you still can't invent something after your Notebook says you can, post again. If you want, you can then upload your save and I'll try with that instead.

Message 12 of 18 (12,875 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Turn out it was a file in my CC hair folder that was causing it, thank you for your help Standard smile

Message 13 of 18 (2,994 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't believe that's true.  My SIM can use it and he's only level 1.  You have to know an invention.  the first one doesn't take any ingredients but you have to have brainstormed to even have it.  Then there cannot be any invention already in progress on the inventor platform.

Message 14 of 18 (2,919 Views)

★★ Novice

She’s had 4 eureka moments. Everyday it asks her to brainstorm and invent on the invention constructor but she just waves her arms around with the crossed out footprints bubble

I'm adding this answer here because I was confused when my SIM couldn't use it and I couldn't find an answer.  Then I realized there was already an invention laying on the floor of it.  Once he moved that out of the way, he could interract with the inventor.  No idea why a ray gun was already on the platform but that did the trick.  Now he can use it every day like normal.  Hope this helps anyone else whose experienced this.

Message 15 of 18 (2,918 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

2021 its broken

Message 16 of 18 (2,844 Views)

Hero
@Amber002 is this the issue you're seeing: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/GTW-Invention-Conserver-animation-displaying-over-sim/td-p/105... or something different ?

Other than the animation it's been working fine for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 18 (2,812 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't know if this is still valid for you but I was having the same problem and then figured out that the moment converter that was invented, was still in the inventer that is why it was not showing the option to invent. I hope this helps Standard smile

Message 18 of 18 (2,737 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help