Re: Sim can't sleep or nap - can't use bed

by jmeadowbrook

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Another possible solution, just in case a user getting the problem now finds this thread on Google:

When I had this issue, it turned out that the top parts of my four-poster bed were interacting with the ceiling-hung lamp and a projecting box over the curtain rail. I've fixed it by switching to a no-poster bed or, on another occassion, by moving the lamp and window (with its curtains).

Message 11 of 25 (6,405 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I know this post is really old, but I Just recently had this problem and figure doubt a fix for it at least in my case. I first noticed the daughter sim couldn't get into her bed n thought it was just her. But then noticed neither parent sims could either and noticed the dad would get a pop up over his head bout not being able to do the action n then bonhilda with n x through her like she was blocking him. I went into buy mode sold my bonhilda and bought a new bed and now the beds work again Standard smile
Message 12 of 25 (6,269 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't know if anyone still plays Sims 3 but I still do and this recently happened to me when my adult female sim levelled up to 8 (executive chef) in the cooking career. The chef mom, preteen child and adult cat wouldn't go to sleep. I'd give them the command and then it would disappear and they'd remain standing there or start something else no matter how tired they were. Finally the cat and child went to bed but I couldn't get the mom to sleep except to nap on the couch. Then I realized that she was still wearing her work uniform. I made her shower and she went to bed when she was finally wearing her sleepwear.

It happened again the next night. I forced the child to shower (even though she wasn't dirty) and she went to bed only after that. I noticed that the mom, still wearing her executive chef outfit wouldn't even sit to watch TV so I made the mom shower and she went to bed. The cat wouldn't go to bed now. I tried all sorts of things but still nothing. Finally, when the cat was completely tired, she went to bed too, but not when I commanded it. 

I'd like to see what happens when the mom levels up to 9. If it still happens, I'll probably try quitting her career instead of moving them out of town and then back again. I hate breaking ties.

Message 13 of 25 (6,200 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok, I am late to this too. This is what happened on my end.

I have a male firefighter and a female fairy. I moved them in, and all of the sudden neither of them could use the bed to sleep. The would just reset. I tried resetSim {name} and I am 

use to using testingcheatsenabled true but I was getting annoyed with the fact that they couldn't sleep. Cheating does not bother me, but I do have custom content loaded and nothing is more 

annoying than when you have to try to determine if it is a game issue or if it was something I downloaded. 

I read this thread and what worked for me was evicting my household with the house and then bulldozing the old house. Just to be safe I moved them to a different lot, and now they are able to sleep 

in their bed. I hope this might help someone else. Happy Simming! 

Message 14 of 25 (6,158 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This may be real late but I had the same issue too, I fixed it by having them relax on the bed then sleep which worked for me.
Message 15 of 25 (5,749 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have tried reset and it doesnt work

Message 16 of 25 (5,658 Views)

@YTQueenFiend  Have you tried moving the household out and back in?  If you do so in one Edit Town session, your sims won't lose their jobs or relationships, just their promised wishes and opportunities.  It might help to bulldoze the house as well; you can save it to the bin and replace it if you want to keep it as is.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 17 of 25 (5,647 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
There might be a stereo/radio on in the room. Sims can't sleep if a stereo or tv is within earshot.
Message 18 of 25 (5,365 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It happened to me aswell . You have to save your household with the house put a copy of it in the map buy it as an extra house and move into that

Message 19 of 25 (5,279 Views)

★ Novice

It worked for me. THANKYOU SO MUCH!

Message 20 of 25 (4,508 Views)