Re: Sim can't sleep or nap - can't use bed

by Jassaghe

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim can't sleep or nap - can't use bed

★★★ Newbie

Ok, this seems to be an ongoing problem that is getting really old.
One sim in my family (and only the one) can't sleep or nap at all. She goes to lay down, then all of a sudden resets to standing beside her bed, having not slept at all. I have had to revert to having the cheats on to adjust her sleep bar, which is annoying.

I have tried restarting the game, buying a completely new bed, and trying to have her sleep somewhere else, all to no avail.
I have no mods or anything like that, that might clash. I haven't DL'd or installed anything recently...exept Seasons, of course.
It's never been a problem before.The problem is only recent, appearing soon after the second last game update. I suspect that EA has simply broken their game...again.

I don't like to use the cheats for the most part (unless I'm building), but I am forced to at the moment (TestingCheatsEnabled true) so my sim won't get all tired and grumpy. Turning it off again doesn't seem to make a difference. She still can't sleep.
No other sim in my household has this issue. They can all sleep or nap fine.

Is there anything else I can try?
It's becoming a more serious problem as I'm trying to get her to use potions to boost her skill, and one of them requires a short nap for it to take effect...which I can't do.

Thanks in advance if you can give any insight into this. Standard smile

Message 1 of 25 (169,514 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

edit town move out and back in

is the family saved to the library ? start a new game move them in

View in thread

Message 5 of 25 (184,442 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

sometimes it's the bed it's self , buy a new one see what happens

Message 2 of 25 (169,457 Views)

Hero

Did you try resetting the Sim ? Also is it a single or double bed or did you try both ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 25 (169,455 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hmm, I haven't tried resetting them, as they weren't stuck as such. I will try that and report back.
As for the bed, yeah, I sold it, and got another one, but the same one. However, I have tried to get her to sleep in other places in the house, other beds, both single and double, even napping on the couch! Nope! Seems she's paranoid about closing her eyes, lol!

*Update edit*

Tried the reset thing...nope!
Also tried buying a single bed and just dumping it near the old one, just to try again. Nup....same thing.

What else ya got?  :P

I'm kind of used to their quirky little bugs by now, it's just annoying. I hate to waste effects of a perfectly good potion. Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 4 of 25 (169,447 Views)

Hero (Retired)

edit town move out and back in

is the family saved to the library ? start a new game move them in

Message 5 of 25 (184,443 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

*sigh* I was hoping not to have to go to that length. I find it a bit difficult, but I'll try. Standard smile
I'll give that a go and see what happens.
Thanks Standard smile
(I'll report back in with a yay or nay soon)

Stupid game... *grumbles*

*update edit*

well, colour me surprised...that worked, lol!
Hell of a lot of effort and fuss to go to though.

I wish EA would stop breaking their games. The game is always fine until one of those updates comes along.
Thanks for your help. It's greatly appreciated. :D

Regards,

Sasha  Standard smile

*edit #2*

For anyone having the same problem, I moved out the entire family AND house with all contents, then bulldozed the old house, then dumped the saved house and family on the now empty lot.

Hope this helps someone else. Standard smile

Message 6 of 25 (169,436 Views)

Hero (Retired)

your welcome Standard smile happy it worked for you

Message 7 of 25 (169,430 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem then I Build one bed in one room with lights off ... got sim to bed ...

Message 8 of 25 (167,512 Views)

★ Novice

I had the same problem and only the move out thing fixed it... but I lost all my wishes, opportunities and all of my 16 friends...
And now, I can sleep, but I can't get my mail and I'm stuck on the top floor of a building, unable to get into the elevator even though there is nothing blocking the path.
I'm at wits end. Hours wasted. And the fun is gone.
I really wish EA would test their games better before selling them... 

Message 9 of 25 (153,449 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This exact same thing happened to me. This is how I "fixed" it: save, close and restart computer (not sure if needed). I noticed that the problem was gone.

Maybe just restarting the game will do the same trick. 

Message 10 of 25 (151,012 Views)