Re: Sim can't move by itself.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sim can't move by itself.

★★★ Newbie

I have tried so many different things to try and get this to work.

So everytime my sim has to go work or i try to send it to town or a neighbour's house I get my sim waving and a thought bubble above its head with footsteps and a red circle. (See pic).

I can forcibly move it by using "go here" but it wont go if i send it by clicking "go to this shop" or "go to neighbours house".

I have checked everything in the house and nothing is in her way.

Has anyone else had this problem and been able to fix it?

Please help.

Message 1 of 2 (1,033 Views)

Re: Sim can't move by itself.

@BlueyHaddz42  Just to be sure that this isn't an issue with the home lot, please manually send your sim to a different lot and test there.  If your sim can, for example, go straight from work too a neighbor's house, then there's something wrong with the house or the lot placement.  There are various ways to try to address this, depending on exactly what the problem is, but there's not much point if the house itself is fine.

If the issue is the sim and not the home lot, are a few different things you can try.  The first is to teleport the sim somewhere.  This works with the teleporter lifetime reward, but you can also teleport via cheat.  Bring up the cheat console (ctrl-shift-C) and enter "testingcheatsenabled true" without quotes.  Then, with the affected sim active, shift-click the ground on a different lot (as in, not the one where the sim currently is), and select "Teleport me here."  Then see if the sim can go directly to other buildings.

If that doesn't work either, go to Edit Town, evict your sim, and place them back in their house.  You can do this for the whole household, or you can split and merge the one sim separately from the rest.  Sims evicted like this will keep their jobs and relationships but lose their promised wishes and opportunities.

Before you start, use "save as" to rename the save, so the previoouss save file will be available under its original name as a backup in case you need it.  After you try something, quit to desktop, delete the five cache files in your game folder, and reload; don't just exit to the Main Menu.  The cache files should be deleted regularly anyway, and every time you quit while troubleshooting.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package
——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (1,009 Views)