by anicholl22

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim can't garden (Sims 4)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Realm of magic and Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to plant seeds
What happens when the bug occurs? I place seeds in the world and have no option to plant. I can't drag seeds into planters to plant them. when I drag in fruit and vegetables the option to plant is blanked out.
What do you expect to see? An option to plant.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've tried repairing and uninstalling. This has always been the case since I downloaded.

Message 1 of 12 (2,550 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim can't garden (Sims 4)

Hero
@anicholl22 Very strange.

Can you try repairing your game through Origin ? Does it also happen on a fresh save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (2,470 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@anicholl22 Are the plants you're trying to plant in season (not really sure if that makes a difference) ?

Does it happen to all plants ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (2,522 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for responding! It seems to happen with all plants, even general seeds packets (e.g. starter veg) which I assume would change dependent on season?

Message 3 of 12 (2,481 Views)

Hero
@anicholl22 Very strange.

Can you try repairing your game through Origin ? Does it also happen on a fresh save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (2,471 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i just tried repairing my game again and it seems to have worked! also can confirm that I was able to plant spinach out of season.

thank you! Standard smile

Message 5 of 12 (2,451 Views)

Hero
@anicholl22 Glad to hear that :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (2,439 Views)

★ Novice

Let me know if I need to start a new thread. But I am having the same issue. I have a Mac and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and I have also tried to repair the game on Origin with no success. . I don't have mods in the game . Not sure what to do from this point. It is possible that I uninstalled and reinstalled incorrectly; I did it through origin. Let me know if there is something else I can do or what I might be missing . thank you!!

Message 7 of 12 (2,381 Views)

★ Novice
Message 8 of 12 (2,345 Views)

@oldschooldaigle  Please run the Origin reset tool for macOS:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Restart your computer, repair the game again, and move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just start a new save and let me know whether a new sim can garden.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 12 (2,323 Views)

★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Dang, so doing that deleted my whole game.

Luckily I only had created two sims otherwise that would have been devastating lol.

going to create some sims now and I'll let you know if they are able to plant!

Message 10 of 12 (2,280 Views)