Sim automatically leaves household - Not controllable, can't add back in.

by WasabiGummyBear

Original Post

Sim automatically leaves household - Not controllable, can't add back in.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, Cats and Dogs, all free packs, and City Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Edit Nightoak3's Pretty Base Sim post, and attempt to place in household with another sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim that was Nightoak3's will automatically leave the household. They may appear on the sidewalk next to your other sim, but you can not add them to the family and they are uncontrollable.
What do you expect to see? Nightoak3's sim completely controllable, with a plumbob over their head.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have video evidence of the glitch, the shareable link is here ->  https://drive.google.com/file/d/120Xs2bF6gabSq6lKo2cZByavyLBEF1BF/view?usp=sharing

I do not have a save file available for this, as the glitched sim continues to get deleted and I only have her saved to the gallery. It is repeatable, however.

Nightoak3 as far as I know does not have custom content installed, and the box for custom content is unchecked. This sim should be a completely controllable sim, but the sim just leaves the household. I'm lucky if they appear on the street. I've tried this multiple times, all with the same result. This glitch happens every time with this particular Sim.

ALSO: After exiting and re-entering the game, any relationship gained with the glitched sim gets deleted along with the glitched sim.

I'd say multiple people are also experiencing the glitch, because in the post made by Nightoak3, 1987getoffmylawn says, "is it just me... or does this sim not work."

A potential fix to the problem is when editing the sim, you can edit the sims genetics and create a twin of the sim. Delete the downloaded sim, and use the new sim. However, the downloaded sim is not salvageable. If anyone else knows why this is occurring, please tell me! Took me a while to make my precious Monica ;-;

FrownThinking

Message 1 of 3 (476 Views)

Re: Sim automatically leaves household - Not controllable, can't add back in.

Hero
Hi @WasabiGummyBear

as this sounds pretty specific to a particular Sim, I'm moving this to tech for troubleshooting.

I'll test the Sim tomorrow to see if I can duplicate.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (463 Views)

Re: Sim automatically leaves household - Not controllable, can't add back in.

Hero

I tested the Sim on the save you sent for your other issue and she was added to the household but I couldn't really control her.

I added her to a new save and had no issues at all.

Did you test a new save at all or just that other save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (450 Views)