Re: Sim acquiring random objects in household inventory

by crinrict

Original Post

Sim acquiring random objects in household inventory

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever my single vampire travels to Oasis Springs to fish, and then heads home in the morning he gets home with random laptops in his household inventory. The number of laptops is completely random, sometimes it is 2 and other times it has been as many as 10.
What do you expect to see? Traveling sims to not acquire random objects in their household inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My girlfriend and I are playing a Rags to Riches story involving a vampire that washed up on the shores of Brindleton Bay. One day we took him out fishing in Oasis Springs so that we could make money and also turn cheaper fish into Plasma Packs. When we got back to his home lot which is comprised of a single room with a coffin, a cheap shower, a treadmill, and punching bag, his bills were over $900. This seemed extremely weird and we weren't sure what was going on, so we checked the household inventory and discovered 40 laptops. We sold the laptops and removed the money from the household. The next night we went fishing again and when we came home, there were 4 more laptops in his household inventory. This has repeated itself every time he travels to a different lot. We haven't checked if he is getting the laptops when he travels or if they are only showing up when get gets back hope, we will have to check that next time we are playing.

Message 1 of 3 (1,124 Views)

Hero

Hi  @9ba127553895879b 

have you tested this on a save with no mods/cc installed ?

Best to start a fresh game for testing purpose to see if it also happens with no mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (1,090 Views)

Hero

Hi @9ba127553895879b 

have you been able to test this with no mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (1,048 Views)