Re: Sim Went off the Grid?! Can't get them back or find them in old saves!

by crinrict

Original Post

Sim Went off the Grid?! Can't get them back or find them in old saves!

★★ Novice

After the patch, I saved all the households I cared about and started playing and got this message!

nooooooo.png

Both her and another sim sent this message and they were gone! It sucks since both of them are girlfriends of my sims and now nothing is showing up in there love relationships...

I assumed that they were culled and that I forgot to favorite them so I went to an old save and looked for them in the household manager but couldn't find them... So I played the save and saw that they still existed but I couldn't call them over or get them to show up with a group gathering...They were childhood friends of my sims and I watched them grow up... 

Is there any way I can save them? 

Message 1 of 9 (3,416 Views)

Hero

Have you ever moved them into a house ? Where did you see that they still exist ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (3,399 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If you Go to Manage Worlds and then Manage households can you then find them under Currently not in world?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 9 (3,395 Views)

★★ Novice

It looks like I didn't, I thought they did live in one... They still existed in a file from September were they were still teens, I could see them in the relationship panel but nowhere else.

Message 4 of 9 (3,382 Views)

★★ Novice

I looked into manage worlds and not currently in the world but they were nowhere to be found...

Message 5 of 9 (3,380 Views)

Hero

Do you have a save right before the patch ? Do they get culled each time ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (3,374 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have this problem too. A family living in Willow Springs decided to randomly go off the grid following the birth of a few infants in the neighbourhood. They weren't favourited; nevertheless, I have the maximum Sim count at unlimited so I'm quite peeved at this happening. They're nowhere to be found now.

Edited to add that I am going to enable 'no culling' in the MC Command Centre, and if that fails, favourite all 50+ households in my neighbourhood to prevent this from happening again. XD Therefore, I won't be sticking around to test if that nonsense repeats and report back. Sorry! I was just popping in to say it's not an isolated problem.

Message 7 of 9 (3,336 Views)

Hero

Hi @Thelving

the unlimited just means that you're allowing an unlimited amount of people to be favorites. You can't stop culling with this.

That's just how the game is designed and if you don't want culling, mods are your only option, I'm afraid.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (3,329 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Ah, I see @crinrict. Thank you.

Message 9 of 9 (3,324 Views)