Sim Can't Get Pregnant (Solved)

by smh678x

Original Post

Sim Can't Get Pregnant (Solved)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

My sim is married, but to spice up the playthrough I decided for her to cheat. Does she have to be divorced with her husband to have a baby with her affair? The chime hasn't come and I've made them try for baby like 10 times XD

Message 1 of 3 (483 Views)

Re: Sim Can't Get Pregnant

@smh678x  Sims can definitely get pregnant outside their marriages, unless you're using some mod I don't know about that blocks it.  There are a few reasons a sim might not get pregnant.  One is she's too close to aging up, which is easy to check.  Another is that there are already too many sims in the household: the max is eight, or ten (max eight human sims or six pets) if you have Pets installed.  This total includes existing pregnancies.

It's also possible that your sim got pregnant and the chime just didn't play.  The easiest way to tell is by instructing her to "Go here" on a random patch of ground.  If she's already standing on the ground or the floor of a building, she'll get the rectangular action in her queue, the one with a dropdown menu for you to choose automatic, walk, or run.  If she's pregnant, she'll get a square action with no dropdown menu.  (This only works if a sim is on solid ground, not in water or somewhere else where the square action would pop up normally.)

Sometimes the game can get stuck and not roll a pregnancy.  If she's really not pregnant and there's no reason she shouldn't be, quit without saving, delete the five cache files in your Sims 3 game folder (the one in Documents\Electronic Arts), and try again.  It might take a couple of tries for her to get  pregnant, but the number should be two or three, not ten.  For reference, the cache files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compsositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package
——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (466 Views)

Re: Sim Can't Get Pregnant

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I fixed the problem, it turns out the chime was just not playing XD. I found out with testingcheatsenabled true and did the test for CAS.
Message 3 of 3 (448 Views)