Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Sim Ages Up In CAS (Again)

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but My First Pet, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, and Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS, make a sim and go into play mode, their lifespan bar will be full depending on how much time you've spent in CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims lifespan bar goes up while in CAS, depending on how much time, i.e 5 minutes = 1-3 days.
What do you expect to see? I make a sim in CAS, I go to play and their lifespan bar has increased.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Recent patch update, plus I've repaired my game

I know this has been a past bug, but it seems to be back. I didn't see anyone post about it. I noticed it when I had MC Command Center installed and my sim I worked on for an hour+ had aged up halfway (I extended lifepsan with MC). I removed ALL of my mods and tested it out, and it still happens. It seems the more time you spend in there the more they age up. I didn't want to stay in there too long so I could post this but about 5 or so minutes seems to age them up a day or two, so I don't know what it would be like if you spent 30 to an hour on a sim.

Message 1 of 6 (724 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim Ages Up In CAS (Again)

★★★ Novice

They were new sims!
I did some more testing and asked on the MC Command Center discord and found out it was a past update I wasn't aware of. I usually go with spurts of TS4 and didn't realize they did an update where new sims made would be aged about 1-3 days, so they didn't all age up at the same time... SO b/c I was just testing out with new sims with no mods and do it in very quick sessions I figured they were aging up. Then I just dropped In MC Command Center mod alone in my mods folder and quickly made a sim in the 5 minute span and saw their bar went up halfway, because with that mod I have personal settings for lifespan. One of the admins on the discord informed me of a setting I had to mark as false in order to get it so that DIDN'T happen. My game is all good now, which really had me in a panic. So it was partly mod / not being aware of a past update....!

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (587 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
@AhriRoll I accidentally titled this Ages UP In CAS when I meant Ages While In CAS, sorry
Message 2 of 6 (677 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I did a bit of testing myself, I saw this come up on DP's Discord server, and it didn't happen for me, I was fully vanilla. I left my sim in CAS for quite a while a couple of times (not sure how long exactly, but it was over 30mins each time) and they didn't age at all (the number of days left in the age span didn't change).

Message 3 of 6 (622 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@AhriRoll Out of interest, were these existing sims who'd already been placed in the world? Or were they sims who'd been created new, but didn't have full age bars on loading?
Message 4 of 6 (621 Views)

★★★ Novice

They were new sims!
I did some more testing and asked on the MC Command Center discord and found out it was a past update I wasn't aware of. I usually go with spurts of TS4 and didn't realize they did an update where new sims made would be aged about 1-3 days, so they didn't all age up at the same time... SO b/c I was just testing out with new sims with no mods and do it in very quick sessions I figured they were aging up. Then I just dropped In MC Command Center mod alone in my mods folder and quickly made a sim in the 5 minute span and saw their bar went up halfway, because with that mod I have personal settings for lifespan. One of the admins on the discord informed me of a setting I had to mark as false in order to get it so that DIDN'T happen. My game is all good now, which really had me in a panic. So it was partly mod / not being aware of a past update....!

Message 5 of 6 (588 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi AhriRoll,

I'm having this same issue (thanks for your help!) but the random aging up is still driving me crazy whenever I put MC back in my game. Can you tell me which setting you marked as false to help you with this? 

Message 6 of 6 (489 Views)