Sim 4 Update Failed

by dptn647cmtenym

Original Post

Re: Sim 4 Update Failed

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, I still have this problem. Nothing I did helped. And I'm very frustrated right now.

Do they not check if their updates actually work before they release them?

Message 11 of 22 (1,051 Views)

★ Novice

You are a beautifull person! Thanks so Much! 

Message 12 of 22 (1,034 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This did not work for me, also tried running Origin as an admin and still the same failed update response. Please help.

Message 13 of 22 (1,030 Views)

★ Novice

this also isn't working for me. I don't have sims 4 running, the update is still failing at 100%.

Message 14 of 22 (1,027 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Look for TS4.exe or something similar under the task manager

Message 15 of 22 (1,017 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've checked if Sims 4 was playing in the background but it wasn't. The update still isn't working for me, I've tried restarting my computer and uninstalling origin then re installing but nothing has worked. It gets to 100% but when its finalizing the download it fails.

Its been 3 days now and i'm really starting to get ticked , Now its downloading 89% then fails. Honesty something better be done because I payed over $100 when it was first released and for it not to work now because of some stupid update is a ripoff. 

Message 16 of 22 (974 Views)

★ Novice

You are the best thank you so much!!! I would have died if my sims didn't work anymore. 

Message 17 of 22 (936 Views)

★ Novice

I looked and it was closed and it still wont update :/

@Bipytron wrote:

Hey guys! I had the same problem and after looking around online I found someone with a solution. It worked for me and hopefully it will for you.

Open Windows Task Manager, (Ctrl+Shift+Esc)

Make sure the Sims 4 is closed under applications

Then go to Processes

I can't remember what the "image name" was, but under description find the item containing Sims 4 and end the process. My update worked fine and now I can play again.

The problem was that SIms 4 was running in the background thus stopping the update.

Hope this helps!

Message 18 of 22 (910 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank-you.  It didn't work until I realized stopping Origin was not stopping the Sims that was running.  There were 2 TS4 processes going. Stopped them both and the update worked!

Message 19 of 22 (799 Views)

★ Novice

I can't find that description of TS4 so i can do nothing.

What else can i do now?

I'm tired of fixing it all the time...

Message 20 of 22 (788 Views)