Sim 3 Game Not Saving

by renee8206

Original Post

Sim 3 Game Not Saving

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

To Whom It May Concern:

I have several games downloaded onto Origin from The Sims. Everytime I load my game and try to save my progress, it appears to be stuck on the saving screen with the hourglass/spinning circle. It usually does take a few minutes for it to save but since the last time I played, on Friday, June 7th, it was "saving" for more than an hour. To see if it was a glitch, I tried playing again today and saved it and the same thing happened. I do not want to play if it will not save my games. Is there anything that can be done to correct this?

Thank you,

Renee

(removed by EA Staff for security reasons)

Message 1 of 6 (6,255 Views)

Re: Sim 3 Game Not Saving

Hero

Is this happening in all savegames ? Have you started a new game to see if you have the same issue there ?

What's your operating system ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (6,235 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm experiencing the same issue. I purchased the Sims 3 bundle. I'll login in through origin, open Sims start a new game, make a sim move in, play a little bit, save or save and quit. Next time I open Sims it will have the new game screen and nothing about a previous save or game.

Edit: My OS is OSX 10.7.5

Message 3 of 6 (5,933 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hi Renee,

Use "save" or "save as" and then quit, rather than the combined "save and quit" option. How long do you play before you save?

Try a brand new game, play for a short while (15 minutes, say) and try to save. It can take a while (but I agree it should not take an hour!)

Caspin

Message 4 of 6 (5,920 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried that technique  but it sill dose not work it simply says 'an unexpected error has accured while saving , error code 12 please consult the readme'for details' but I still do not understand what to do ea anyone please help it would make my day so much better

Message 5 of 6 (3,980 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@LOVELYLOVELOL123

go to your electronicsarts/thesims3 see if there is a folder there named current save.game IF there are files in there delete it , it is normal for files to build up there while playing but empties out when we save and quit  

if the files remain behind we can run into saving issues once you delete the folder launch your game play for a few ins then use the save as new name

edit to add

PC  http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Save-Errors-Error-12-13-15-16/m-p/652/message-uid/652#U652

Mac see bluebellflora's site

https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-play-the-sims-3-on-a-mac/

https://bluebellflora.com/resetting-ram-during-gameplay/

Message 6 of 6 (3,968 Views)