Re: Siblings Showing as Romantic Interests

by SimGuruNick

Original Post

Siblings Showing as Romantic Interests

★ Novice

Hey!

I was playing with two siblings at University yesterday and realised, after the brother kissed his girlfriend in front of his sister, that his sister became jealous. Turns out that they are linked as romantic interests!

The only thing I can think of is that they were involved in a group chat together when one of the siblings made a flirty joke. I think this also happened with one of the sim's roommates too as when my sim was woohooing with her boyfriend, her roommate (who she had never engaged with romantically) came in to slap her. It's really odd.

Looking on this forum, I can see that this was an issue but like, two years ago. I tried reducing the romance between the siblings down using cheats but it has only made the bar red instead of wiping away their romantic link. It's important to note too that I cannot perform romantic interactions between the two siblings.

I play with absolutely no mods installed, not even the MCC cheats one.

Please help! I could just ignore it but it's super weird and gross...

Message 1 of 5 (1,284 Views)

Hero
@x_yoda For room mates, there's still an issue going on, thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Inappropriate-relationships-with-room-mates/td-...

Are you playing with both siblings in one uni housing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,243 Views)

★ Novice

Hello,

Both siblings were living in the same Uni housing when this occured.

Thanks

Message 3 of 5 (1,201 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@x_yoda The flirtatious joke issue IS supposed to be fixed.

Could you maybe test with different Sims if you can duplicate it ?

Not sure if the game would consider them room mates if they're living together

Did you ever switch to a different household or did it happen while you were playing them ?

Also to be sure, can you verify that you have the current game version ? You find it at the bottom of the main menu.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,175 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

If anyone is still seeing this issue, it'd be great if you could share your save file with me, to help us investigate. You can DM me the link to your save. Thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 5 (1,098 Views)