by MR_STORMPANDA

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Shower only comes up with "Upgrade" when I click on it

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, Get Together, City Living and Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I've tried to remove my mods folder and the problem stopped occurring but I can't play without cc because my sims and house are completely cc. My showers and baths at the moment aren't cc but the problem still occurs. In other lots apart from my own, the shower works normally.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I click on a shower, the only thing that comes up is "Upgrade..". The same thing comes up with a bath except I have the option to bathe the toddlers and dog in my household. I have two adults, two toddlers an an adult dog in my household.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sims to go into the shower/bath until their hygiene is full.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I can't get a picture of the problem because it's an action that can't be screenshotted. 

Message 1 of 4 (1,264 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Shower only comes up with "Upgrade" when I click on it

Hero

Hi @MR_STORMPANDA

I moved this to the tech section for troubleshooting as it seems this is a mod/cc issue

Custom content can get outdated with patches. If it works when you remove your mods folder, then one or more mods/cc is no longer compatible with the game and you have to find those.

Use the 50/50 method: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Backup your save beforehand to make sure your cc doesn't get removed on your original game, then test your cc on the backup.

Once you found the culprit, remove it and put the rest back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,284 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @MR_STORMPANDA

I moved this to the tech section for troubleshooting as it seems this is a mod/cc issue

Custom content can get outdated with patches. If it works when you remove your mods folder, then one or more mods/cc is no longer compatible with the game and you have to find those.

Use the 50/50 method: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Backup your save beforehand to make sure your cc doesn't get removed on your original game, then test your cc on the backup.

Once you found the culprit, remove it and put the rest back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,285 Views)

★ Novice
Hi, thank you for replying. It took quite a while but I found out that it was a Hotel mod in my downloaded house cc.
Message 3 of 4 (1,230 Views)

Hero
Glad to you found the culprit and thanks for letting us know which one it was.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (1,217 Views)