Re: Show hidden objects

by Wolf2Warrior

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

having the same issue here too, except when i tried "testingcheats" it told me that the cheats are now disabled? but does anyone know how to delete a bloody object like a door or flower pot etc? i accidentally put in 3 doors on one wall cos i was hammered and now i cant delete them..

Message 11 of 19 (6,140 Views)

Hero

HI @NajTaj 

make sure you put testingcheats on and not just testingcheats.

You should be able to delete them with the sledgehammer tool (unless they're out of bounds)

Go into buy/build mode then click on the sledgehammer on the bar in the middle upper part of the screen and then click on the item you want to delete

Sledgehammer.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 19 (6,126 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello, I'm also having this problem. I also have cc/mods installed on an almost fully expanded game (minus spooky + fitness stuff) and I'm not sure if that matters, but I am on a PC laptop using Windows 10. This glitch is pretty annoying as we can't get to what is, in my opinion, the best part of build mode. This has just started today for me, but I've used it pretty recently with success and haven't added to the game, cc or otherwise, since.

Thanks for any help you can give! Standard smile

--Raiyah Heart Heart Heart

Message 13 of 19 (5,880 Views)

★ Novice

my testingcheats isnt working at all

Message 14 of 19 (5,062 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. I'm good to go in terms of testing cheats, and the cheat "bb.moveobjects" works for me, but whenever I enter in "bb.showhiddenobjects" (either on or off) it says "Command failed." I tried using "true" as well, nothing. I tried just "bb.showhiddenobjects", nothing. This bug is rather annoying.

Message 15 of 19 (4,868 Views)

Hero
@Wolf2Warrior Did you do testingcheats first ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 19 (4,855 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@Wolf2WarriorDid you do testingcheats first ?

As I said in my first reply "I'm good to go in terms of testing cheats." I've done everything correctly. The cheat doesn't work. 

Message 17 of 19 (4,841 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Wolf2Warrior It works fine for me.

I thought you meant testing cheats works for you generally just as moveObjects, just wanted to make sure that it's actually on when you do showhiddenobjects

On/Off doesn't work, you need to type bb.showhiddenobjects true (or false if you want to turn if off)

If you tried on/off first, it might still say command failed in the cheat history but if it wasn't added a second time, then it worked.

Did you check if you have the Debug filter under Content ? If you have this, showhiddenobjects has worked.

Unbenannt.JPG

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 19 (4,833 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay, so I went to another lot and tried the command there. It worked. Thanks. 

Message 19 of 19 (23,016 Views)