Re: Show Bills Information Window Not Popping Up

by ashleyrosey05

Original Post

★★ Novice
I had this same problem and checked for any bill related CC, repaired the game and also changed anything bill related in MCCC back to default with no results. However, i just did the 50/50 method and found a very outdated "Hotel Mod" mod that was preventing me from seeing the bill information when clicking on the mailbox.The mod was sorted into another folder so it was never right in front of me to double check for updates. Hope this helps anyone else when checking your CC.
Message 11 of 20 (1,620 Views)

★ Guide
@TheOtherSim That’s pretty much what happened with me. I had lilmssam’s WEE mod and for some reason i still had the old outdated file despite me deleting it. I was going crazy pulling out all my mods and testing one by one and saw it hidden away in another folder and was like really???? Lol
Message 12 of 20 (1,556 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay so based on your thread I removed all the thermostat programs I had as well as SNB Realist banking and I still can't get the pop up window

for bills.

Message 13 of 20 (1,405 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Hey I know it´s probably too late but I had the same problem. After doing the 50/50 method I found out that the problem was "LGBTQ Mod V3.0.1.9" from PimpMySims4. I hope I can help you or anyone that will read this. :D
Message 14 of 20 (1,227 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem but I don't have any of the mods anyone has mentioned that caused it.  I also tried the 50/50 method but had no luck right off the bat, as I still had the problem after trying it with both halves of my CC folder.

I'm confused though because out off frustration, i just did the 100% method (lol) and removed all of my CC, and somehow the bills information popped up. So i don't know if it's 2 CC files not cooperating with each other or what, but I tried to test the game with the middle chunk of CC removed, and still nothing. I tried overwriting my resource.cfg file and that didn't work either. So I'm about at a loss :/

Message 15 of 20 (1,093 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey!

I just wanted to share my experience with this cus I had heaps of trouble and just in case someone reads this in the future and runs into the same issue. I tried every program and mod you could find, even the better exceptions couldn't pin point the issue. Turns out I had to go through all my cc (not mods in my case) and do the 50/50 method. it took a long time but it worked and I found cc files that I didn't have in my game, I'm not sure how that happened but it seemed to be the issue. so the cc wasn't out of date necessarily or damaged so no program would pick it up, but there was some sort of issues with the cc files somehow so that's why I had to go through it all myself. basically I took all the cc and halved it, then added one half to the game, I took the one that was fine and labelled the folder so I knew which was which, then named the file with the corrupt cc in it, then halved it again and so on, and every time I made sure to create sub folders and named them so I knew what I was up to and could go back to it in case I had to recheck (which I did). unfortunately there was no quick fix for me and I had to go through it bit by bit despite my best efforts.

I hope this helps Standard smile

NOTE: one notification that did show up was Builds\MCCC_7_5_3\mc_cmd_center\mc_bills.py

I have the mccc mod but I couldn't figure out what it meant or how to fix the issue so if anyone has any insight please feel free to let me know thanks Standard smile

Message 16 of 20 (890 Views)

★ Novice

Ma’am thank you so much for posting this!!! It was driving me mad 😂 

Message 17 of 20 (836 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How can I tell which mod is causing the bills information not to show ??

Message 18 of 20 (761 Views)

@Dezzloaf  If the problem mod isn't listed in this thread or any others you find, you can use the 50% method to test:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

Please keep in mind that many mods are likely broken after today's patch.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 19 of 20 (757 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Okay thank you.
Message 20 of 20 (746 Views)