Should I download Sims 3 on my laptop if I have Sims 4?

by sarabear0986

Original Post

Should I download Sims 3 on my laptop if I have Sims 4?

★★★ Novice

I recently got a new laptop, and I downloaded the Sims 4 on it. The Sims 4 works really well, but I was wondering if downloading the Sims 3 would slow down my laptop. It has 6 GB ram and 1 TB of hard drive memory. The processing core is an AMD A12-9700 Raeon R7. I have Windows 10, and the laptop is an HP notebook. Do you think having both the Sims 3 and the Sims 4 would slow down my computer?

Message 1 of 3 (469 Views)

Re: Should I download Sims 3 on my laptop if I have Sims 4?

Hero (Retired)

@sarabear0986  I don't think the Sims 3 would affect the general performance of the laptop. The coding of the two games is different. The AMD APUs do not have actual dedicated video memory and the integrated video chip can not take advantage of the faster PCIe bus which the performance would be less then a video card plugged into the PCIe X16 slot. I confess I am not familiar with the A12 but even the APU 10 had performance issues with Sims 3. Earlier this year AMD announced the Ryzen cpu which in my opinion has Intel a little worried. Like I said I don't think it would affect the general performance of the computrer - wshat remains to be determined is how well Sims 3 will run.

Message 2 of 3 (456 Views)

Re: Should I download Sims 3 on my laptop if I have Sims 4?

★★ Novice

As long as you don't have tons of mods, you should be fine... Having both Sims 3 and Sims 4 installed shouldn't affect your computer's performance unless you have both running at the same time, which is rather unlikely...

Message 3 of 3 (441 Views)