Memory: 16331MB
Free memory: 9371MB
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): Radeon RX 570 Series
Name (database): Radeon RX 570 Series [Found: 0, Matched: 0]
Vendor: ATI
Chipset: Vendor: 1002, Device: 67df, Board: 22f01458, Chipset: 00ef
Driver: aticfx32.dll, Version: 22.19.677.257, GUID: D7B71EE2-249F-11CF-E976-550053C2DB35
Driver version: 257
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory: 32MB <<OVERRIDE>>
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 1

Message 1 of 6 (1,503 Views)

Re: Shadows are very pixelated!

@lemonnous  Shadows will always be a bit choppy in the game.  But getting your graphics card recognized and fixing the texture memory override issue can make the pixellation less severe.  It certainly made a difference with my card.  I can help you with the process; just let me know if you're interested.

Also, if you haven't already, you should take steps to limit your in-game frame rates.  Your card is strong enough to generate fps well into the hundreds if you don't manually cap it, and you might also see graphics glitches or other errors.  For an AMD card, the first tool to try is RivaTuner Statistics Server.  Use TS3.exe for an Origin install, or TS3w.exe (with the "w") for a disc or Steam install, to set up a profile for the game, and limit fps to the refresh rate of your monitor.

You can check your frame rates in-game by bringing up the cheats console (crtl-shift-c) and entering "fps on" without quotes.  A number will appear in the upper right corner, and it should never exceed the limit you've set.  ("fps off" makes the number go away.)  Keep in mind that RTSS does need to be running for it to work, but takes hardly any resources.  You can set it to start with Windows and minimize it whenever you want.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (1,487 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  yeah i'd love to fix the texture,, anything to make the pixels less... pixelated..

I'm trying to figure out how to cap my frame rate, I downloaded RivaTuner but I don't know how to use it. I found this tutorial though

1. Right click the Windows desktop and click AMD Catalyst Control Center.
  2. Click Gaming and then 3D Application Settings.
  3. Click Add, look for TS3W.exe and then click Open A dialog will appear, close it.
  4. Click TS3W.exe and expand Frame Rate Control.
  5. Select Always on under Wait for Vertical Refresh. Click Save.

would it work?

Message 3 of 6 (1,484 Views)

@lemonnous  I tried using CCC when I installed TS3 on my computer, and it never did a thing for my frame rates.  RTSS worked great, though.  If necessary, I can make you a couple of screenshots, although I think I haven't updated to the latest version.  (It should still look the same, though.)

I'll send the instructions for editing the .sgr files by PM, since the necessary text is dependent on your exact card model, so other people who try to use it will do more harm than good.

Message 4 of 6 (1,481 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I capped my FPS at 60 using rivatuner successfully since doing it on the amd settings failed. You said I should cap it to the refresh rate of my monitor, but I don't know what that is so i just capped it to 60fps.

And yea you can pm me the instructions now!
Message 5 of 6 (1,474 Views)

@lemonnous  Instructions are sent.  And an fps of 60 will work just fine.  Most monitors are 60 Hz, although some run higher these days, but you wouldn't notice a difference in-game with a higher refresh rate anyway.

Message 6 of 6 (1,465 Views)