Severe Issue After New Update- Very Angry

by Babboblaze

Original Post

Severe Issue After New Update- Very Angry

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

After the september 5th update i have been experiencing an issue that has made it now impossible to play the game. The game it's self loads everything very slow now as well but that is far from the main problem. Everything works...Fine-ish, until i try to switch from buildmode to livemode. I click the button & the screen & icons start to change (as they should) but then its as if it gets stuck half way between. The icon for buildmode remains even though buildmode it's self (the item listings & everything to do with it) retracts, thought the icon does say 'livemode' when hovered over. The icon for 'manage worlds' just kind of is cut out, leaving an empty space. Though the buildmode items/tray are gone at this point, they are never replaced by the family member's icons& controls (play, pause, ect), or anything, at the bottom. All visible icons 'seem' clickable button do nothing when clicked, not even to save or exit; the only way to get out of it is to force close the entire program without saving; not even the keyboard shortcuts get a response at all. The screen has the red rim around the camera view indicating 'paused' like it should when going to live mode & it is in fact paused, not frozen. Nothing else but the transition from build to live seems to be frozen, plumbobs spin, the game allows me to scroll across screen just fine. Not frozen, just glitched. I just wanna make it clear that i am not having a mod problem, nor is the issue the slowness. Some help would be great as this is kind of ruining my birthday, it has me quite upset in general but i'm also possibly gonna have to return my b-day gifts (sims stuff i haven't installed yet) & get my money back if it can't be resolved, so needless to say: i am not a happy customer.

CM Edit: I've edited your post to remove the all caps screaming, no one likes to be yelled at. 

Message 1 of 4 (393 Views)

Re: SEVERE ISSUE AFTER NEW UPDATE- VERY ANGRY

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Babboblaze

Please do not shout because it is even difficult to read.
If you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop, delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name, fix the game in Origin and try without mods.
If you don't have mods delete this file and folders and also fix the game in Origin,

If it will not work could you post your Computer's DxDiag?
To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the text file to your post directly in option "Reply" - not Quick Reply

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (371 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

all the same things are happening after i updated it today and its really making me mad. i came on her to fine a answer please tell me if you find one. and i know its not my mods or cc cause it was just fine before the uptdate.

Message 3 of 4 (284 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@mm78990

After each update, most scripts mods and a large part CC will be spoiled and will spoil the game. Before you download something you have to check on the page of mods creator if these mods and CC are not too old. Checking what broke down this time after the patch, and replacing these broken ones by a new updated version or deleting these is the price the player pays for using CC and mods
So it is causing by your outdated mod or CC although you don't want to believe it
Message 4 of 4 (260 Views)