Re: Several issues

by kreatora

Original Post

Several issues

★★★★ Novice

Since the update my game doesn't save properly, my sim gets stuck at the end of a process, game gets stuck when saving, and the game crashes. I have to save often because when my sim gets stuck I have to go to the world view then go back into the residence... Like if I finishing hacking I don't get the money the progress bar is full but it stays there and my sim will "hack" for hours until i exit the residence. You can't stop the process either. Exiting and going back in only works if the game actually saves. I saved the game twice this last time. One save just to save and then when I switched to world view it asks to save again so I did. I exit the house and go back in and the last half hour of game play didn't save!! Both saves didn't save?? Why the hell am I being asked to save if it's not going to save?? All that work and progress for nothing. This game is pissing me off. I just spent a bunch of money buying these expansions and crap  for it to just stop working? What kind of janky programmers do you employ there??

I have a high end pc with high end components, this isn't a hardware issue.

Message 1 of 4 (247 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@chubbycherub

If you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder - important!
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now without mods.
If it is fixed, copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one) You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version
If you don't have CC or mods delete this file and fix the game also. The game will create the same new file but without saved errors.
If it will not work -some files in the game folder can be damaged- then try doing a factory reset as described in this post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

If you don't use CC or mods, your computer may also be the reason.
  For example - not enough free space on drive C, failed Windows updates, outdated card graphics drivers

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?
To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the text file to your post directly in option "Reply" - not Quick Reply

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (235 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had to disable the seasons expansion pack I just installed to get the game playing again. And even now the sims still get stuck in the middle of tasks until their health goes red...

Message 3 of 4 (197 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@chubbycherub

It looks like you have a too-small amount of RAM memory or not enough free space on C drive.
Have you checked if your computer meets the minimum requirements for the game?
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Make-sure-you-meet-minimum-requirements-PC-...
If I can't check it because I don't have your DxXiag, check it out for yourself.
Message 4 of 4 (189 Views)