Settings won't save

by frostdemigvd

Original Post

Settings won't save

★★★ Newbie

I've had the sims 4 for years now and I've never had an issue with it that I couldn't fix myself. Recently I started using mods again, I downloaded a few and they work perfectly fine in the game. But only the normal mods work as I can't turn script mods on, I would turn it on, apply changes, save my game and then restart it but when it restarted script mods would be off again. After an hour of mini-tantrums, opening up sims, turning on script mods, saving and quitting I tried changing some other settings as well in the graphics menu as that's worked for me before, but when I opened up sims again none of the settings had saved. I went through all the settings, saving and quitting and then opening it up again and none of them would change. I've been trying to change my settings and allow script mods to work for a few hours now and I'm honestly so annoyed. Is there any way I can fix this issue? 

Message 1 of 4 (948 Views)

Re: Settings won't save

Hero

Hi @frostdemigvd

that's usually due to a corrupt options.ini file.

Go to documents\electronicarts\thesims4\ and delete the file options(.ini)

Then start your game. All settings are now reset so you'll need to redo them again. Save and quit again.

Then check if they persist if you restart the game yet another time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (937 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it wont let me delete the file when i try to it says "an unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the file.

Message 3 of 4 (109 Views)

@angeli8o5  Please post a screenshot of the error.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (98 Views)