Serviced Apartment maid has stopped vacuuming, dust is overwhelming.

by Kitilark62

Original Post

Serviced Apartment maid has stopped vacuuming, dust is overwhelming.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

5000 a week for a Serviced apartment and now the maid has stopped vacuuming.  She was doing Great until the update (April 27th). I see from other post that the maid service is buggy - but I play no-mods, and I can not cancel the service (and therefore not pay for it) as it is a non-removable trait of the apartment.  Short of buying vacuum cleaners and having all of my very busy sims vacuum, and turning off the dust is there any fix?  I have tried to debug the maid, the dust piles and bunnies; and I have run the repair from Origins, any suggestions?  please.Disappointed

Message 1 of 5 (432 Views)

Re: Serviced Apartment maid has stopped vacuuming, dust is overwhelming.

Hero
@Kitilark62 Is it just in the apartment that you're having issues ?

Could you test a house/apartment without the lot trait to see if the same happens ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (398 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

When my Teen Sim went to College I had her move into the Dorm (after customization) and she had really bad doom mates so I had her hire a maid, and just to see I turn the dust back on.  The maid vacuumed.   I have a theory - but I will need to test it.  On Winterfest the family "tipped" the maid before she finished cleaning.  She left without vacuuming that day and then everyday after.  So - the test - never tip the maid or become acquainted with the maid and give him/her a winter fest gift instead. Of course I would be happy to hear from anyone who has already done these things.

Message 3 of 5 (371 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I moved a new family into the Serviced Apartment.  The New Maid came and did not vacuum.  (before the 27th update a maid would spend most of the day vacuuming) The maid has come several days now and he is still not vacuuming, the dust piles and bunnies are clearly visible and the piles can be picked up.  So my little test of my Winterfest gift theory shows that "tipping" was not the cause of the vacuuming issue.

Anyone have any other theories to be tested?

Message 4 of 5 (357 Views)

Hero
@Kitilark62 Probably best if you create a thread in the bug forum for serviced apartments specifically.

I'll merge this afterwards. The bug report template needs to be filled out which is why a new thread is needed: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (338 Views)