Re: Server Error, Gallery but the Downloads works and I can connect to web in g

by abidazz83

Original Post

Server Error, Gallery but the Downloads works and I can connect to web in game!

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

UPDATE:- I used a differnt browser (edge) to get in touch with EA it was nearly instant today, and I spoke to a wonderful person called Jeffery who is referring it to the dispute team or something so I'll get an email from them Standard smile  One Happy Bunny Today. I wish the rest of you success as I have had Standard smile 

I know this has been done/said before but I think I'm missing SOMETHING and I'm not sure,  My Sms 4 works fine but it won't upload anything, I get the server error and when I go to the gallery and the library there is NOTHING there, and it also says at the bottom no players online, no uploads etc etc, however if I click to go to the downloads (i.e. to buy expansions) this works fine!  Please help me!

I have tried the following so far

Re-installing Sims4

Doing the DNS thingy

Restarting the router

Checking something about proxy's (hubby did it!)

Yes I have origin checked as allow me to go online in game..and yes I switched it off n extied logged off n restarted and tried again with it tieckend and unticked and so on...

YES I have no mods

YES I have checked the thing in options when you go on sims where it says I can go online and mods are allowed

I also removed sims 4 folder and let my game start again...still didn't work

I clicked repair and updated my game still nothing

I EVEN tried to get off the BETA version of my origin now, I'm wondering is this why I have the problem? Do I have to uninstall origin to get off the BETA version? Hubby has origin but his isn't beta version!

Please help, I tried communicating with EA but as you all know it takes FOREVER and the chat won't load, and I waited well over an hour :/  so while I live in hope that this will eventually be sorted out by them, I'm hoping you lovely people will be able to enlighten me first!!

I have attached my dxdiag info if anyone's interested and knows if there is any problem with this?

OHHHH!! I almost forgot yes I also disabled all my antivirus software ( I use Zone alarm and Avast) However Avast won't let me close it as such so I have to disable it! I tried to allow it to let the orign and EA stuff through just in case it was active in the background anyways.

Thanks in advance!  (P.S. My Game has been like this since the START!)

Message 1 of 5 (251 Views)

★★★ Expert

First, though it shouldn't affect connecting to the Gallery, your graphics drivers are over a year old, see if Toshiba has an update for them since computer manufactures often customize laptop drivers. If they don't ask them if it's okay to use AMD generic drivers on your computer and, if it is go to the AMD site and update those.

Now for the connection problems. Origin and Origin/EA Games need to be able to connect to the internet properly so, please Do some basic Connection Troubleshooting and Help Origin connect to the Internet.

You may have to have someone help you with that and, your Firewall is what allows you to open ports if that is needed. Sometimes routers can also block ports so, to check that, connect your computer directly to your modem with a cable and see if it works.

If it does, you will have to find your router instructions and open the ports there.

Message 2 of 5 (242 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much for your reply. The problem isn't that they can't connect to the internet as I can connect to the store, I can go in game and connect to the downloads thing and go to where you can buy expansions for the sims from there. Also as I mentioned we already did all the connection things Just in case

I will however update my drivers, I didn't even think about that, I however can't remember how to do that, could you point me in the right direction please? That probably won't help now would it? :P

Thank you again Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (240 Views)

★★★ Expert

Here you go, start here: http://support.toshiba.com/drivers

If they don't have a new graphics driver for you or you can't figure out which one you need, contact Support there and ask them to help you. If they say there are no new drivers ask if it's okay to use Generic AMD Drivers.

Often times you can connect to the internet but, certain ports, protocols or UPnP functions are restricted or disabled and, with EA Games that can cause very isolated parts of Origin and games to be unable to connect. That's why i suggest checking all of that.

Message 4 of 5 (237 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you again for your help.

I tried with the drivers, however I am up to date (for my version of laptop) for drivers.

I've now tried compatibility mode, I'm guessing EA 's department will have a look and sort it for me, it seem I have a mystery on my hands Standard smile 

Thanks again, also sorry for late reply, I had to make dinner etc! 

Message 5 of 5 (231 Views)