Re: Serious question: what's the point of ghosts?

by Lulzes

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Serious question: what's the point of ghosts?

★★★ Apprentice

While I'm glad EA has re-introduced ghosts, I don't see the point of them in their current form. How are they different from normal sims, apart from having a few tricks up their sleeves? For me, it breaks any immersion when ghosts can a) Woohoo, b) work out, c) get a job etc. etc. Where's the challenge in making Ambrosia, or writing a Book of Life, when ghosts can do pretty much everything a normal sim can do? There should be an incentive to bring someone back from the dead, because you miss Woohooing with them or miss the challenge of pursuing a career with them.

I would far prefer ghosts having a much more limited set of interactions available to them. (Let's ignore the fact that currently if you are friends with a ghosts you can't invite them to join your household...) All social interactions should be available - telling jokes, mischief, etc. - but they shouldn't be able to do anything physical that would require a body, such as Woohoo, eating or playing an instrument. No jobs either, just hanging around the house at night either chatting or getting into trouble.

Oh, and they should totally just be able to walk through walls and not have to open doors...

Message 1 of 3 (202 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

Hello,

I know you probably want to express this opinion, however this is perhaps not the right place - AnswerHQ is for helping simmers who have technical problems with the game. You would perhaps get a better response, and free reign to express any opinions you have if you were to post on TheSims.com forums.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (202 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Hello,

I know you probably want to express this opinion, however this is perhaps not the right place - AnswerHQ is for helping simmers who have technical problems with the game. You would perhaps get a better response, and free reign to express any opinions you have if you were to post on TheSims.com forums.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody

Message 2 of 3 (203 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Sorry, thanks for the advice. I've posted on the main forums here if anyone wants to reply.

Message 3 of 3 (189 Views)