Re: Serious lag after last game update

by Half-rose

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Serious lag after last game update

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I don't have a super high end computer but before the newest patch the game used to run really smooth and fine, it had no issues.

Since recent patch from this month, the game now lags a lot, framerate issues, what I have done so far:
-Removed tray

-Removed saves

-Removed all mods

-Removed reshade

-Repaired game twice

yet it is still having that same issue, should I just unninstall and install it again? because it lags to a point it is practically unplayable.

note: I had to practically repair it 3 times because the first 2 times the game failed to repair

Message 1 of 31 (979 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict 

I fixed my issue

I'm unsure which of those steps fixed for me, so I'll just list all of them.

I updated Realtek ethernet drivers, and drivers in general.

Cleaned any temp files

scanned system files

cleaned registry(used CCleaner)

erased all internet data, aka, cookies, stored files etc

like i said, I don't know which did(I think it could have been the registry) but whichever was, it fixed the framerate issue

Note: I ran the cleaner several times to make sure

View in thread

Message 30 of 31 (1,223 Views)

All Replies

@Half-rose  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Uninstalling might help, but unless your internet is very fast and it's not any trouble to redownload the game, it's worth trying to address other potential issues first.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 31 (927 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I actually re-installed the base game, launched it and it is still lagging. It is confusing me even more because everything else runs fine except sims 4

I did the Dxdiag, here is the file

Message 3 of 31 (912 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I  noticing this too, when playing things are fine, then go into build mod and starts to lag a little, then click back to live mods, the lag carries over . game play lags up to 30 sec before clearing. it even lag when you click fast forward 3

Message 4 of 31 (864 Views)

★★ Guide

I have this exact same issue. 

Before I'd think I was one of the "lucky" few. But it seems that ever since this update more and more players are experiencing the same problem. 

I've had this problem before this patch though.. 

Message 5 of 31 (851 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@LadyDarkSorrow I wish it was just the build mode with me, because on my case it is the entirety of the game that lags the second I boot it up. Infuriating thing is how every other game I have has no issue.
Message 6 of 31 (844 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Fully re-installed the game with all packs, still lag, even with graphics settings changes. I re-ran Dxdiag again and it seems to have given a slightly different result pointing more errors.

I just don't quite know what to do about them and I haven't found anyone that have solved their issue at this current time.

I don't know, at this point I'm just considering going into acceptance mode and giving up on playing this game again until one day It gets fixed.

Message 7 of 31 (796 Views)

@LadyDarkSorrow  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

@Half-rose  The Sims 4 errors in your dxdiag are likely related to the driver for your graphics card.  Since you already have the newest driver, please do a clean uninstall and reinstall.  Download Display Driver Uninstaller from here:

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3067

You can get the newest driver for your Nvidia card here:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/159887/en-us

Next, take your computer completely offline—disable wifi and/or pull the ethernet cord—and double-click the DDU.exe.  Take note of where the file will land, and click Extract.  If it's easier, you can copy the path and then paste it into the address bar in a File Explorer window.  Open the folder and then launch Display Driver Uninstaller.exe, and you'll get a message that you're not in Safe Mode.  Click OK, then go to Options and enable Safe Mode dialog.  Here's a screenshot of what your options should look like; make sure the box in red is checked:

DDU 1.1.png

Close options, and the DDU, and then open the DDU.exe again.  For launch options, choose "Safe Mode (Recommended)," and then click Reboot to Safe Mode (you'll need your password, so find it before rebooting).  Once you login, you'll see this:

DDU 2.png

In the blue box, choose GPU, then Nvidia if it's not already showing.  Then click Clean and Restart (red box).

Once your computer has rebooted, now back in normal mode, run the driver install .exe in custom mode.  Select "perform a clean installation" and install ONLY the GPU driver and the PHYSX software.

Reboot again, go back online, and see whether the game works normally.  If not, let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 31 (788 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict  Done

Message 9 of 31 (779 Views)

★★ Apprentice

quick question before doing it. I never put any password on my windows. does that mean the safemode also doesn't have one or it comes with a pre-made password?

Message 10 of 31 (768 Views)