Serial code for Sims 3 base game won't work

by Aabacuss

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Serial code for Sims 3 base game won't work

★★★ Newbie

I recently found a bunch of manual-less Sims 3 disks. I decided to install them all and make an account so i can download CC. I used some serial codes i found online, and they seemed to work fine when installing; But they're apparently invalid according to the game registration site. Can i please have some help here? 

Message 1 of 2 (382 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Serial code for Sims 3 base game won't work

Hero (Retired)

@Aabacuss  Activation codes can only be used once. Then that code is locked to the account in use at that time. When you buy this (and other games) you do not own the software. The discs are generic and contain old DRM that is not supported by Windows and OS X. What you are buying is a license to use the software under the TOS. This license is activated by using the activation code which you have to pay for.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (452 Views)

All Replies

Re: Serial code for Sims 3 base game won't work

Hero (Retired)

@Aabacuss  Activation codes can only be used once. Then that code is locked to the account in use at that time. When you buy this (and other games) you do not own the software. The discs are generic and contain old DRM that is not supported by Windows and OS X. What you are buying is a license to use the software under the TOS. This license is activated by using the activation code which you have to pay for.

Message 2 of 2 (453 Views)