Sept.3

by ughrxnee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sept.3

★★ Novice

Hi! I've been playing the Sims 4 for almost a year now and nothing like this has ever happened. When the Sept 3rd, 2020 update finished installing, i entered the game to see glitches in Live mode. Everything else is fine. In Live mode, the icons at the bottom (phone, calendar, relationships) glitch and the icons are all messed up. Whenever I try to cook food the pop-up doesn't pop up. It's just a green circle (I believe) and other glitchy weird stuff. This also happens when I try to change my sims clothes, or starting events (inviting people), and basically anything that requires me having to click things from the pop-ups that show quickly after you click something. This has been happening for weeks now and I'm getting really annoyed cause it trashes my game play. Please help me! Standard smile             (i will add photos soon)

Message 1 of 3 (309 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sept.3

@ughrxnee  That sounds like the effects of an outdated version of the UI Cheats mod.  If you have it, remove it, delete localthumbcache.package as well, and test.  If you don't use UI Cheats, or removing it doesn't help, please move your entire Mods folder to the desktop, delete localthumbcache.package, and test.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (295 Views)

All Replies

@ughrxnee  That sounds like the effects of an outdated version of the UI Cheats mod.  If you have it, remove it, delete localthumbcache.package as well, and test.  If you don't use UI Cheats, or removing it doesn't help, please move your entire Mods folder to the desktop, delete localthumbcache.package, and test.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (296 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much for helping me! Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (255 Views)