by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Sensitivity in CAS is Awfully Bugged

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC (Windows)
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time. (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Laundry Day, Parenthood, Get Together, Dine Out, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Spa Day, Perfect Patio, and both free packs. 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Literally just load CAS. 
What happens when the bug occurs? Oh my GOD. This. Okay, first of all, when I spin my character, it goes SO FAST. And to add onto that, I can only spin my character one way, no matter how I turn my cursor. Only way to change direction is to click off of the screen and click back on. Next, when adjusting the size of body parts, I have no control over how big or small I want stuff to be. I can, like the spinning rotating thing, only move the body part in one direction. If I want to adjust something, I have to reset it by either maxing out its size or completely minimizing it first. I mean, it's not like I have a choice. It forces me to. I have no idea how this plays out in-game because I only have the patience to check out cas, but, wow. This is awful. 
What do you expect to see? A FUNCTIONING CAS
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes. The same thing happens without mods.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes.
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch to CAS or whatever.

Message 1 of 2 (249 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sensitivity in CAS is Awfully Bugged

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@hypercorruption 

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

Also If you use reshade please see this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/RESHADER-RELATED-Spinning-Camera-issues-Windows-Update...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 2 (236 Views)