Re: Send Help

by canesman1013

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Send Help

★★ Novice

Okay, so.... This happened. 

Screenshot

Usually, it would load, and show the people living there. 

But this time, it forever loads and sometimes flashes a blue box. 

Whenever i try to play, my UI is completely broken.

Send help!

Message 1 of 13 (812 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice
Spoiler
im gonna delete my mods Standard smile)

GachaLife 1_21_2019 5_43_34 PM.png<----- The hole with my mods in it

View in thread

Message 10 of 13 (679 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@canesman1013
If you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop. Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder and fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
If you don't have CC or mods delete this file and fix the game also. The game will create the same new file but without saved errors.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now without mods. Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method
If it does not work then we'll try another method later
I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 13 (797 Views)

★★ Novice

i deleted my mods but its still broken. I dont see a LocalTumbCache in my sims 4 folder.

Message 3 of 13 (790 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@canesman1013
It is a white page in your game folder. The name is localthumbcache.package.
Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims4 folder - localthumbcache.package . You need to delete it before fixing the game in Origin.
Message 4 of 13 (772 Views)

★★ Novice

yea.. I dont have it,

and my game dosent use origin

Message 5 of 13 (758 Views)

Hero (Retired)
You must have an Origin account - otherwise, you could not play or have updates, thus you have the Origin program on your computer. Log in to your account and Origin will open.
Message 6 of 13 (743 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there @canesman1013.

The Sims 4 requires registration on Origin.com to activate and launching from the Origin client in order to run. Unlike The Sims 3 and other previous games that were available stand-alone or on other launchers like Steam, The Sims 4 is exclusively on Origin. It may be that you're running through a desktop shortcut that still goes through the Origin client on the backend.

If you're not running any CC, please try a repair through Origin, and it should help in this case.

Arrenai Cat

Message 7 of 13 (738 Views)

★★ Novice

but i dont have origin and i still play

Message 8 of 13 (723 Views)

@canesman1013  I'd like you to try a couple of things, if it's okay.  First, open File Explorer and search for Sims 4.  For any folder you find, wherever it is on your computer, please list it and copy and paste the file path here.  When you highlight a particular folder, the file path will show in the File Explorer window, above the list of files and folders.  It sounds like you may have a mess of multiple folders, and this is the quickest way to sort things out.

You don't have to list subfolders like Saves, just any folder that is labeled Sims 4, whether it's in Program Files, Documents, or somewhere else.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 13 (706 Views)

★★ Novice
Spoiler
im gonna delete my mods Standard smile)

GachaLife 1_21_2019 5_43_34 PM.png<----- The hole with my mods in it

Message 10 of 13 (680 Views)