Re: Selling items in personal inventory

by verha01a

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Selling items in personal inventory

★★★ Newbie

Okay, so my sim is a gardener and has loads of veggies, flowers, ect in his inventory. I want to clean my inventory out, but it seems to only allow me to sell each item individually by dragging it to the sell box. Is this really the only way you can sell them? It'd take foreverrrr...

Message 1 of 9 (33,540 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

nevermind, solved the issue!

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (38,938 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

nevermind, solved the issue!

Message 2 of 9 (38,939 Views)

Hero (Retired)

you can  drag and drop to sell a full stack, if you have a stack of strawberry's a stack of daisy's a stack of carrots etc then yes then each stack has to be dragged and dropped to be sold

it was like that in sims 3 too even if you sent a sim to sell at the grocery/supermarket you had to typen in the amount or in the inventory drag and drop the stacks

Message 3 of 9 (33,509 Views)

★ Apprentice

There is a bug with this. When I'm picking up a stack of items lately, the hang turns to first and won't release anything even though nothing is picked up. And in the Sell box where it tells you how much the item will sell for, it will say like $132 as if there's something in my hand even though there isn't. I've tried picking up other items, going to build mode and back but it just doesn't fix. I end up having to just shut down the whole game and going back later. Once I click on a stack of items, it's over. Nobody has time to sell 48 potatoes individually.

Too many bugs to enjoy right now. I'm putting the game down for a few weeks until some of the glitches get worked out.

Message 4 of 9 (33,496 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How!?
Message 5 of 9 (31,832 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Howw did you solve it
Message 6 of 9 (31,831 Views)

★★ Novice

Sims 4 PC version:

Some of the fruits and veggies in stacks get buggy and you have to remove them from the stack before you can sell them. I've had anywhere from 1 to 15 buggy items in a stack.

1. To figure out which item is buggy, open your inventory, and click the number to the upper right of the stack to see the individual items.
  2. Slowly pan your cursor over the items in the stack. (Don't click, just move your mouse over an item an hover.) If you see a hand, that item is fine, but if the hand changes to an arrow, you've found a buggy one.
  3. To remove the buggy ones, simply click on the item and tell your sim to eat it or to place it in the world. If you place some items in the world, enter build mode and delete them after you have cleared your stack.

Once you have removed the buggy items, you can sell the whole stack without problem. Just drag and drop it as usual.

Cheers!

Message 7 of 9 (25,948 Views)

★★ Novice

Wow this really helped! Thanks!

Message 8 of 9 (19,703 Views)

★★ Novice
@Taelex No prob! Glad I could help.
Message 9 of 9 (14,190 Views)