Selection not working in objects by function after 9-5-19 patch

by nrktmbr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Selection not working in objects by function after 9-5-19 patch

★ Novice

this isn't a very big problem but it is still annoying. when trying to select a different function in 'objects by function' while in build mode nothing happens. right now I am stuck in lighting. 

Message 1 of 7 (1,167 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Selection not working in objects by function after 9-5-19 patch

Hero (Retired)
@nrktmbr

I don't think that this issue is related to mods but just in case move your mods folder to the desktop delete localthumbcache.package in the game folder and all folders with the word "cache" in the name.
Delete this file and folders even you don't have any mods.
The game will recreate it but without saved errors.
Then fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Now check if your game is working properly.

If it will not work its means that some files in the game folder can be damaged - then try doing a factory reset as described in this post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,148 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@nrktmbr

I don't think that this issue is related to mods but just in case move your mods folder to the desktop delete localthumbcache.package in the game folder and all folders with the word "cache" in the name.
Delete this file and folders even you don't have any mods.
The game will recreate it but without saved errors.
Then fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Now check if your game is working properly.

If it will not work its means that some files in the game folder can be damaged - then try doing a factory reset as described in this post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 7 (1,149 Views)

★ Novice

it worked! thanks

Message 3 of 7 (1,118 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@nrktmbr

Glad it worked for you Standard smile
Message 4 of 7 (1,105 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I repaired the game but it didn't work. I know it's a mod because it works fine when I have mods disabled. I just can't figure out which mod it is. I also have nothing with "cache" in it in my mods folder.

Message 5 of 7 (1,058 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@OnSiLahm 

Move the Mods folder to the Desktop. Check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 7 (1,047 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsenI actually was able to fix it! I don't know the exact mod that was doing it but I used Mod Conflict Detector and did a deep scan and made sure everything was checked. Discovered a few mods conflicting with the client folder (sorry I don't know all the correct terms), not another mod. So I either updated or removed those mods. Thanks for the tips!!

And for anyone else with this problem, Mod Conflict Detector is a life saver! Definitely make sure you have it for situations like this.

Message 7 of 7 (1,028 Views)