Seasons: Calendar reset and unable to add new holidays

by CLFrenchie

Original Post

Re: Seasons: Calendar reset and unable to add new holidays

Hero
@CLFrenchie You'll need to re-dress them manually.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 18 (808 Views)

Hero
@CLFrenchie Have you been able to resolve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 18 (788 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict, sorry I've been a bit busy lately and sort of putting it off because I'm not looking forward to resetting all my Sims and homes :'D

I'll have a go at it soon! 

Message 13 of 18 (783 Views)

Hero
@CLFrenchie No prob. I'm going to move this to tech.

Tag me if you get a chance to test it.

Curious if you can fix it that way.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 14 of 18 (770 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict! Sorry I've left this for so long, I went back to the home country for a few weeks, but now I'm self-isolating so there's no better time to play Sims.

So the method seems to work, the calendar was fine. It did put me in Spring when I should have been Summer, so I am reliving the same season twice, but all the holidays are in the right place and I can add new ones. Interestingly enough it had saved my own holidays, such as April's Fool which I'd added in Spring.

So all in all, it's good! Thanks for the tip! 

Now if you'll excuse me, I have Sims to re-dress, and 6 weeks of gaming to catch up on :P

Message 15 of 18 (715 Views)

Hero
@CLFrenchie Have fun :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 18 (693 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I just had it happen to me, and I don't use mods.  I'm about to try the fix now to see if it works.  If I have to replay fall that is fine.

Message 17 of 18 (525 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Well unfortunately the house I was in when it happened heavily relied on seasons and it totally broke the house, so I quit without doing the new save Frown

However, I found a slightly easier fix.  I went into Game Options, then Seasons.  I changed my season length from 1 week to 2 weeks, hit apply, and backed out.  I was still back at the start of fall, but at least all the holidays were now back in the correct season.  Since the holidays were "fixed," I changed it back to 1 week, and all the holidays still lined up.  I'll have to play another week of fall, but meh.

Message 18 of 18 (521 Views)